Brad M. Barber Awards
- Top 50 (Finance) Authors Ranked by Total Citations, “The Relative Significance of Finance Journals, Authors and Articles: An Update,” a study by M. Alderson, A. Saporoschenko and A. Nasseh, Advances in Financial Education, 2009.
- Maurice J. and Marcia G. Gallagher Chair in Finance, UC Davis Graduate School of Management, 2008.
- Best Conference Paper, European Finance Association, “All that Glitters: The Effect of Attention and News on the Buying Behavior of Individual and Institutional Investors,” (with T. Odean), 2005.
- Graham and Dodd Award of Excellence, Chartered Financial Analyst Institute, “Too Many Cooks Spoil the Profits: Investment Club Performance.” Financial Analyst Journal, (with T. Odean), 2000.
- Fama-DFA Prize for Best Paper, Journal of Financial Economics, “Detecting Long-Run Abnormal Stock Returns: The Empirical Power and Specification of Test Statistics,” (with J. Lyon), 1997.
- All-star Paper, Journal of Financial Economics, “Detecting Abnormal Operating Performance,” (with J. Lyon), 1996.
- Teacher of the Year, UC Davis Graduate School of Management; 2004-05, 1998-99, 1996-99, 1991-92.
- Outstanding 2nd Year Ph.D. Candidate, University of Chicago, 1987.