Paul A. Griffin Recent Awards
Sep 23, 2011
- 2015 Midyear Meeting Best Paper Award sponsored by KMPG, American Accounting Association, Accounting Information Systems Section, “The SEC’s XBRL Mandate and Credit Risk: Evidence on a Link between Credit Default Swap Pricing and XBRL Disclosure.”
- Fellow of the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (FCA), Awarded for distinction, excellence, and service to the accountancy profession in New Zealand, 2012.
- Best Conference Paper Overall; Best Conference Paper in Accounting, Financial Markets and Corporate Governance Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 2012.
- Runner-up, 2011 Peter Brownell Best Manuscript Award, Accounting & Finance, “Enforcement and Disclosure Under Regulation Fair Disclosure: An Empirical Analysis,” Volume 51, No. 4, June 2011.
- Keynote Speaker, Australian National Centre for Auditing and Assurance Research (ANCAAR) Research Forum, Canberra, Australia, 2010.
- Distinguished International Lecturer, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, 2010.
- 2010 Peter Brownell Best Manuscript Award, Accounting & Finance, “Agency Problems and Audit Fees: Further Tests of the Free Cash Flow Hypothesis,” 2010.
- Runner-up, 2009 Peter Brownell Best Manuscript Award, Accounting & Finance, “Governance Regulatory Changes, International Financial Reporting Standards Adoption, and New Zealand Audit and Non-Audit Fees: Empirical Evidence,” 2009.