The Student Perspective: Delia Perez
"I’ve learned to appreciate the value that divergent perspectives bring to meeting the challenges of globalization and international business."
My international experiences and multicultural background have had a significant impact on how I understand the world. I’ve learned to appreciate the value that divergent perspectives bring to meeting the challenges of globalization and international business. Constructive debate ensures continuous improvement, better solutions, more innovation and excellent results.
Vice President, Dean’s Student Advisory Council
B.S., Industrial and Systems Engineering Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education | Mexico
M.S., Materials and Performance Management EPF – École d’ingénieurs | Paris, France
- Fluent in Spanish, French; studying/working in Europe and Latin America taught “valuable lessons about cultural sensitivity, intercultural communication”
- Former industrial engineer at CEMEX, a leading multinational in the construction materials industry
- Current rotation assignment involves working closely with Intel’s Asian factories on continuous improvement projects
- Helped launch four successful new products in 2011
- Long-term goal: Ph.D. and professorship in business administration/operations management
- Sacramento Leadership Cooperative Program mentor/tutor to high-risk Hispanic high school students