Becoming a Trusted Leader
Presented by: Kimberly D. Elsbach, Ph.D. Associate Dean and Professor of Organizational Behavior Stephen G. Newberry Endowed Chair in Leadership
Studies have shown over and over that trust is a key contributor to leadership success. Being able to inspire the trust of your team is critical to any leader’s career success.
Current Dates and Locations for this program
About Becoming a Trusted Leader
This program has been designed to introduce you to the topic of leader trustworthiness. Using exercises, videos, and case studies the program will help you to understand:
- Why being trusted is essential to leadership effectiveness
- How your current trust relationships reveal your individual propensities for building specific types of trust (e.g., competence-based trust vs. contractual-based trust)
- How you can demonstrate trustworthiness as a successful leader
- How you may be undermining your own trustworthiness through behavior and communication
The workshop uses Roger Mayer’s well-known model of trustworthiness that is based on the constructs of integrity, competence, and benevolence, as well as the facilitator’s extensive experience researching trustworthiness among business leaders.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who, at least occasionally, lead teams, groups, or other individuals toward a common goal
- Individuals who lead volunteer efforts
- Individuals who serve as the public face of a team, group, or organization
- Individuals who lead creative collaborations
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
Becoming a trusted leader has a number of tangible and immediate benefits:
- Improved creative collaboration and innovation
- Enhanced learning and knowledge generation in teams
- Better group decision making
- Stress reduction for both leaders and followers
In addition, being a trusted leader has a number of less tangible and longer-term benefits, such as enhancing the general reputation of organizations and groups being led and the ability for these groups and organizations to rebound from setbacks.
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00-9:00am
- Program Session: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Lunch: 12:00-1:30pm
The registration fee for this half-day program is $750.
- Fee includes all program materials, education fees, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Special pricing available to UC Davis alumni.
- Group pricing rates are available if registering two or more people from the same company at the same time.
Additional Programs On the SAME DAY
Maximize your learning experience by signing up for both Becoming a Trusted Leader and Evaluating and Rewarding People at the same time. The programs have been designed to complement one-another and are offered on the same day so you can create a full day of leadership development to maximize impact with minimal disruption to your schedule.
Register for Both Programs for $1,350. That is a 10% savings off of the individual program registration fees.