Building your Strategic Bench: Visionary Succession Planning
Presented by: John Goldberg, MBA, Lecturer UC Davis Graduate School of Management
Everyone knows the old saying ‘what has made us successful in the past, will not get us where we need to be in order to be successful in the future’. The same should be said for every organization’s talent pool.
Current Dates and Locations for this program
About Building your Strategic Bench: Visionary Succession Planning
Interviewing to fill known talent gaps is only one part of a successful talent development plan. Another critical aspect is being able to determine the operational and strategic direction of the company, and ensuring that the proper talent is in place to meet those future needs. In this workshop, you will be given the tools and time needed to reflect on your organization’s succession planning practices. Whether your company has a fully established succession plan or has not dedicated any time or resources to this critical activity, this program will develop your expertise to enhance current plans or begin the discussions needed to engage the organization in a strategic planning session.
Who Should Attend?
This program has been designed for executives, managers, supervisors, HR professionals or team leads who are charged with succession planning for their organization.
Learning Objectives and Program Benefits
By attending this program, you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of the manager’s role in succession planning
- Clarify the importance of an organization’s succession planning program
- Identify and analyze critical positions in your organization, and build a proper back-up plan for those positions
- Learn how to compare individual appraisals of past and present performance with assessments of future individual potential and future organizational need
- Examine methods of grooming high-potential employees for advancement by narrowing developmental gaps between present performance and future potential
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00-9:00am
- Morning Session: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Working / Networking Lunch: 12:00-1:30pm
- Afternoon Session: 1:30-4:30pm
The registration fee for this one-day program is $1,500.
- Fee includes all program materials, education fees, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Special pricing available to UC Davis alumni.
- Group pricing rates are available if registering two or more people from the same company at the same time.