Forecasting for Business Management
Presented by: Chih-Ling Tsai, Ph.D. Distinguished Professor of Management
Robert W. Glock Endowed Chair in Management
This program has been designed specifically for UC Davis MBA alumni who have taken Professor Tsai’s 203B or 285 courses* to further develop their business forecasting skills.
Current Dates and Locations for this program
- We currently do not have a 2017 date scheduled for this program. Please email your inquiries to Angela Stopper.
*Attendance of GSM alumni who have not taken 203B or 285, and others, can be approved by the instructor on a case-by-case basis.
About Forecasting for Business Management
In the first three hours, we will introduce forecasting components, naive forecasts and trend analysis, and discuss how to write a high quality report. You will be given a week to complete the project report, and then we will come back together a week later when Professor Tsai will introduce smoothing techniques and decomposition methods. Again, he will guide you in writing a successful report.
This program provides you with a fantastic opportunity to revisit or further develop the skills you gained during your time at the GSM. You will gain skills that you will be able to put to work back in your organization immediately.
Who Should Attend?
This program has been designed for our MBA alumni who would like to learn or enhance their understanding of forecasting techniques. Non-GSM MBA alumni can be approved by the instructor on a case-by-case basis.
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
This program has been designed to help you employ historical data to forecast future values such as costs, revenues, sales, product demands, prices, inventory levels, and advertising budgets. You will leave the program with a deeper understanding of topics such as:
- Trend analysis
- Moving average and exponential smoothing
- Time series decomposition methods
In addition, you will complete a group project designed to enhance your abilities in empirical data analysis under the direction of Professor Tsai.
Program Schedule (Two Days)
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
- Morning Session: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00p.m.
- Networking Lunch: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Practice Session: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
The registration fee for this TWO-day program designed exclusively for UC DAvis MBA alumni is $1,500.
- Fee includes all program materials, education fees, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Group pricing rates are available if registering two or more people from the same company at the same time.