VSP GlobalSM is a complementary group of leading companies, working together to meet and exceed the needs of eyecare professionals, clients, and our more than 57 million members. Combining the strength and expertise of each of these companies, VSP Global provides benefits, services, products, and solutions that are unparalleled in the optical industry.
Eyecare professionals, who are on the front line of patient care, look to VSP Global as a trusted partner to deliver the very best patient experience and to ensure an exceptional relationship between eyecare provider and patient.
The VSP Global companies employ over 4,000 employees and include:
- VSP® Vision Care – the largest not-for-profit vision benefits and services company in the United States, with an exclusive network of more than 28,000 doctors;
- Marchon® Eyewear and Altair® Eyewear – cutting-edge manufacturers, designers, and distributors of quality fashion and technologically advanced sunwear and eyewear;
- Eye Designs – a leading designer of custom interiors and merchandising systems for the optical industry;
- Eyefinity® – a developer of innovative e-commerce and practice management solutions, and electronic medical records software for the optical industry;
- VSP Optics Group – a provider of ophthalmic products and technically advanced lab services.
Currently VSP covers about 50,000 of its 58 million members through a direct-to-consumer vision plan that individuals can buy on their own versus traditional employer-based programs. This book of business is at about $6M but seems to have significant potential based on the number of people in the US without vision insurance. A substantial amount of consumer research has already been completed and the Company is now at the point where they are ready to consider investments to grow this business.