Career Development Center
The Career Development Center is dedicated to helping you in every phase of your career planning endeavors. Take advantage of our many resources and tools in order not just to find your next job, but the right job.True career management is a lifelong process. One of the best ways to ensure a long and successful career is to learn the strategies and tools of proactive career management.
Elizabeth Moon joined the Graduate School of Management’s Career Development team in January 2014, bringing a focus on career counseling and an expertise in working with international students. She provides all students with career assistance in the areas of resumes, cover letters, interviewing, job/internship search strategies, negotiations, networking and business etiquette.
Crissy Lyles is the Program Manager of the Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) program, which welcomed its charter class in 2012.
Angel holds a Master of Science degree in Career Counseling, is certified in the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, and has authored a Career Counseling Theory as well as articles regarding how to deliver the most effective distance counseling. Her full theoretical approach is a Humanistic mix of Existential, Person Centered, Gestalt, and Behaviorism schools of thought.
Responsible for technical, analytical and operational support for Career Development. Manages multiple databases and tools to provide accurate and efficient data collection and reporting. System administrator for Global Talent System (GTS), a career management tool for students and recruiters/employers.
- Manage operations for the school’s fast-paced, high-volume MBA Career Development Center.
- Supervise undergraduate student assistants: coordinate their daily activities and provide on the job training
- Managed the planning and operations of MBA career fairs, including facility reservations, invitations, registrations and invoice requests, room layout and catering
- Oversee strategic development and implementation of multiple programs: resume books for key employers, targeted MBA job searches and Close-the-Loop initiative for employers and students
- Interface with high level companies and employers regarding during information sessions, mock interviews and on-campus interviews ensuring the streamlined process
- Update and maintain complex databases, create reports and meet the department’s evolving data needs
- Provide analytical and technical support for the Career Development staff and students
- Develop, edit and update web content to produce weekly newsletter, populating job postings and events while overseeing the marketing communication messaging for students and employers
A passionate career development professional specializing in employer outreach and student collaborations with industry, while working with all our student populations – Chris works with our 45+ Master of Professional Accountancy students, 80+ Full-Time MBA students, 400+ Part-Time MBA students across all three campuses in Davis, San Ramon and Sacramento. She provides career counseling and coaching to MBA and MPAc students with the goal to secure full-time and internship placements while helping students maximize their career potential with continual networking and advising.