Candidacy Instructions and Forms
MBA Program Application for Candidacy
Deadlines for 2014-2015
Completion of Degree Forms due to Program Manager*
March 2015 (end of Winter 15) December 4, 2014
June 2015 (end of Spring 15) March 12, 2015
September 2015 (end of Summer 15) May 21, 2015
December 2014 (end of Fall 14) August 28, 2014
*Please note: Failure to meet the posted deadline results in the $250 registration penalty being charged to your account and may result in a one quarter delay in receiving your diploma.
Graduation Requirements: 72 units minimum AND a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better are needed to graduate.
Please refer to your respective Student Handbooks if you need further information on graduate requirements.
- All information must be legible.
- Complete all forms for candidacy (application form – front and back, worksheet and graduate data sheet).
- Signatures: Only your signature is required – on EACH of the two different pages. (Signature from the Dean will be obtained by Student Services when you have completed your degree.)
- Course Information: Refer to RaPS. If you have tested out of a core course, please note that on the worksheet.
- Forms should be submitted no earlier than three weeks prior to the posted deadline. Forms received any earlier will be returned to students.
- Diploma is available 20 weeks after the end of the quarter in which you completed your degree requirements.
- Diplomas are disbursed only through the Office of the University Registrar (not the GSM). You can request that your diploma be mailed by completing a request form (PDF) and submitting directly to the Office of the University Registrar or, if you prefer, it can be picked up in person at 12 Mrak Hall.
Concurrent Degree Students
The GSM will accept up to 12 units of coursework from your other degree toward our 72 unit degree total. These “shared” units must be approved in advance. Please see the GSM Registrar for details.
The exception is the MBA/JD. See details below:
MBA/JD Joint Degree
200A – Financial Accounting
201A – Individual and Group Dynamics
201B – Organizational Strategy & Structure
202A – Markets & the Firm
203A – Data Analysis for Managers
204 – Marketing Management
205 – Financial Management & Policy
240A, 240B – Projects Course
252 – Production & Operations Management
268 – Articulation & Critical Thinking
Electives: 27 quarter units of MGT elective course work
Jt. MBA/Law students may not take 215 or 264 for credit toward the MBA.
Minimum GSM units required: 57 MGT units
10 semester units of law course work will count toward the MBA.