Commencement 2012 Instructions
Jun 13, 2012
Who Can Participate In Commencement
- All students receiving an MBA in March, June, September or December 2012 are eligible to participate in the June 2012 Commencement Ceremony.
Participation Sign Up – Deadline is 4/18/2012 If you missed the deadline and wish to participate, contact Holly Bishop-Green directly.
- All students who wish to participate in the ceremony need to sign up by Wednesday, April 18. Your registration will also automatically reserve 6 tickets for your commencement guests.
- Details on ticket distributions will be available in late Spring.
- Commencement rehearsal will be on Friday, June 15, 2012.
- Full time students MUST complete the Career Development Employment Survey in order for diploma to be awarded.
- Diploma is available 20 weeks after the end of the quarter in which you completed your degree requirements.
- Diplomas are disbursed only through the Office of the University Registrar (not the GSM). You can request that your diploma be mailed by completing a request form (PDF) and submitting directly to the Office of the University Registrar or, if you prefer, it can be picked up in person at 12 Mrak Hall.
- A scroll commemorating the ceremony is presented to each participant at Commencement.
Invitations & Announcements
You can order personalized invitations/announcements through the UC Davis Bookstore.
Allow 2-3 weeks for printing.
- Parking is free.
- Important Information: Directional signs reading “ARC Commencement Parking” will be placed at all entrances to the campus to direct traffic to the Recreation Hall for Commencement ceremonies at 9am on June 16th. These directional signs are NOT for OUR Commencement! Make your GSM guests aware that they should follow signs for “Mondavi Commencements”!
- GSM designated commencement parking lots are:
Multi-level parking structure by Mondavi Center is closest to Jackson Hall. Handicapped parking places available inside the parking structure. Map
- Professional photographers will be taking class photos prior to the ceremony and individual photographs of each candidate as they cross the stage during the ceremony. Students must be at Mondavi at 7:45 a.m. in order have their pictures taken.
- Please respect the dignity of the ceremony. Family and friends wishing to take photographs of candidates are requested to do so either from their seats or before and after ceremony. It is disruptive to have numerous people rushing the stage during the hooding for photographs.
- Students will receive an email from the photographer (typically 3-5 days after the ceremony):
Gradimages, P.O. Box 182829, Tallahassee, FL 32318.
800.261.2576.Office Hours Monday through Friday – 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (Eastern Time).
- Important Advice! For photographic purposes, wear your tassel to the right when you are on stage. Many photographs are undeliverable due to hair or tassels blocking the face. Hair should be styled or placed over the shoulders so it will not block the face from the camera’s view when proceeding across the stage.
Full-time Students – Employment Survey
- Each graduating Day student must complete an Employment Survey. (Working Professional students do not need to complete this form.)
- Information is confidential. This information has a significant impact on our rankings and your thoroughness and cooperation are appreciated!
- Complete the survey no later than Friday, June 15, 2012.
- Any questions about the survey? Make an appointment to meet with Career Development prior to June 15, 2012.
- Class of 2012 Employment Survey.
All Students – Access Cards
- Return access cards on your last day of class/finals.
- Cards can also be returned at Commencement Rehearsal, Friday, June 15, 2012.
- Contact the Office of Academic & Student Services, (530) 752-7658.