Commencement 2014 Events, Deadlines, and Dates
Commencement 2014 Saturday, June 14 at 10:00 a.m. Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
Events, Deadlines, and Dates
February 1 – April 21 – Pre-order for GSM Delivery Cap & Gown Rental
- On the gown rental site, you will first choose your degree. Please note that there are 3 MBA options for the 3 geographic program locations as well as MPAc. Please choose your program carefully so that your gown will be delivered to the appropriate location.
- The deadline to order your grad pack is April 21: orders placed after this date may incur additional fees.
- Early-bird rental cost is $35 and includes the cap, gown, and tassel. Prices increase as the season progresses.
- More information about purchasing regalia can be found on the Commencement Website under academic dress.
February 1 – April 21 – Personalized Invitations
- Personalized commencement invitations are available for purchase at the UC Davis Bookstore.
April 18 – Student Speaker Selection
- Deadline for student speakers to be selected and names submitted to Student Services.
- ASM and the Dean’s Student Advisory Councils are responsible for coordinating speaker selections for their respective programs.
April 23 – Commencement Participation Registration Deadline for all Participants
- Any student graduating in 2014 (March, June, September, or December) who wishes to participate in the June Commencement ceremony needs to sign up by April 23. This registration will also serve to reserve 6 tickets for your Commencement guests.
- If you missed the April 23 deadline and wish to participate, contact Holly Bishop-Green directly.
April 23 – Sullivan/Smiley Awards nominations Due
Students are in the best position to nominate one of their peers for their service, dedication and leadership acumen.
- The James F. Sullivan Award is given to the graduating MBA student who has made a significant contribution to the Graduate School of Management, the UC Davis campus and/or the community during his/her tenure here. This award recognizes the importance of students who balance many other commitments in addition to academics and yet continue to give back to the campus or community.
- The Robert H. Smiley Leadership Award is given in recognition of MBA students (one each from Day, Sacramento and Bay Area programs) who have shown outstanding leadership in activities and enterprises that they have been involved in since becoming a student at the GSM. These students have shown leadership and initiative in starting new programs or taking existing programs to new and improved levels of operation and success.
April 23 – Teacher of the Year Award Nominations Due
Graduating students in all three MBA programs have the opportunity to recognize a faculty member that most inspired them during their time at the Graduate School of Management. Please nominate the Professor of your choice and provide the reason for your nomination.
The faculty member chosen will be acknowledged by the Dean at Commencement.
NOTE: Last year’s recipient of the Teacher Award are not eligible to be nominated again this year. They will be eligible to be considered for this award again in 2015.
Complete your nominations for all the awards by clicking here.
April 21 – Academic Dress Cap & Gown Rental Deadline.
Students who do not order their cap & gown by this deadline will not have their cap & gown delivered to their GSM location. You will be responsible for picking up your cap & gown on campus at the posted times.
June 13 (12pm – 2pm) - New Alumni Welcome Event, UC Davis Campus
- Complimentary luncheon to welcome 2014 graduates into the GSM Alumni Association.
- This event is limited to graduating students, faculty, and GSMAA Board Members. Families are welcome to join us at the reception following the Commencement Ceremony on Saturday.
- Reservations are required to attend.
- This event is a great opportunity to meet fellow graduates from all four programs.
June 13 - Rehearsal Time 2pm, Mondavi Center
- You are strongly encouraged to attend.
- You do not need academic dress at rehearsal.
- Hooders do not need to be present at rehearsal.
- Be prepared to return keys/employment survey or access cards/alumni survey if you have not already done so.
- Note: The Office of Student Services will be closed from 10am-5pm for rehearsal and set-up.
June 14 – Commencement Day
GradImages® is the official photographer for Commencement. Proofs will be available by clicking here. Simply enter your Last Name and select 2014 from the dropdown menu.Once you see your name, click on the link to view your photos. Pictures may be ordered online, by phone, or by mail. If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at 800-261-2576 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pictures will be taken on time! There is no time to accommodate candidates arriving late.
- 7:30 am – ALL CANDIDATES arrive at Jackson Hall, ready for photos.
- 7:45 am – Enter through back door for pictures (only candidates will be admitted through the back door). Pictures will be taken from 7:45-9:00 am. All guests must enter at 9:00 am when tickets are taken at the front door.
- 9:00 am – Mondavi doors open for guests. Guests are not allowed inside until doors open. We suggest you drive separately from your guests if you are arriving early for pictures.
- 9:15 am – Candidates will assemble, in academic dress, in the Studio. Fill out Hooder cards.
- 9:30 am – Doors to Jackson Hall open.
- 10:00 am – Commencement Ceremony
- 12:00 noon – Reception with light refreshments will take place in the Vanderhoef Theatre, Mondavi Center. Many graduates and family attend the reception for a short time prior to departing for family parties or lunch reservations.
•Contact the Office of Academic and Student Services, (530) 752-7658(530) 752-7658