Commencement 2015 Information Available January 2015
Commencement 2015 is scheduled for Saturday, June 13
Review Commencement 2014 Information below
Commencement 2014 Saturday, June 14 at 10:00 a.m. Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
Participation In Commencement
- All students receiving a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) in March, June, September or December 2014 are eligible to participate in the June 2014 Commencement Ceremony.
- All students who wish to participate in the ceremony are required to sign up by Wednesday, April 23. Your sign up will also automatically reserve 6 tickets for your commencement guests.
- Details on ticket distributions will be available in late May.
- Commencement rehearsal will be on Friday, June 13, 2014. Rehearsal will take place at 2:00pm.
Cap and Gown
- Students are responsible for ordering the proper cap and gown from the UC Davis Bookstore.
- Full-Time MBA students MUST complete the Career Development Employment Survey in order for diploma to be awarded.
- Diplomas are available 10-12 weeks after the end of the quarter in which you completed your degree requirements.
- Diplomas are disbursed only through the Office of the University Registrar (not the GSM). You can request that your diploma be mailed by completing a request form (PDF) and submitting directly to the Office of the University Registrar or, if you prefer, it can be picked up in person at 12 Mrak Hall.
- A scroll commemorating the ceremony is presented to each participant at Commencement.
Invitations & Announcements
You can order personalized invitations/announcements through the UC Davis Bookstore.
Allow 2-3 weeks for printing.
- Parking is free.
- Important Information: Directional signs reading “ARC Commencement Parking” will be placed at all entrances to the campus to direct traffic to the Recreation Hall for Commencement ceremonies at 9am on June 14th. These directional signs are NOT for OUR Commencement! Make your GSM guests aware that they should follow signs for “Mondavi Commencements”!
- GSM designated commencement parking lots are:
Multi-level parking structure by Mondavi Center is closest to Jackson Hall. Handicapped parking places available inside the parking structure. Map
Travel Advisory in Force
As a courtesy, UC Davis wants our visitors and guests to know that a repair project on U.S. Highway 50 in Sacramento is expected to cause major traffic disruptions in the Sacramento region in May and June.
The work, between Interstate 5 and Highway 99, is scheduled to take place 24 hours a day, seven days a week from April 22 to to May 21 and May 27 to June 25. The project is expected to affect traffic on the region’s highways and local surface streets. Caltrans is estimating at least one-hour delays during the project. You can learn more about the project at Fix50.com.
- Professional photographers will be taking class photos prior to the ceremony and individual photographs of each candidate as they cross the stage during the ceremony. Students must be at Mondavi at 7:45 a.m. in order have their pictures taken.
- Please respect the dignity of the ceremony. Family and friends wishing to take photographs of candidates are requested to do so either from their seats or before and after ceremony. It is disruptive to have numerous people rushing the stage during the hooding for photographs.
GradImages® is the official photographer for Commencement. Graduate proofs will be available after the ceremony. To view your proofs online, please click here.
Enter your Last Name and select 2014 from the drop down menu.Once you see your name, click on the link to view your photos.
Pictures may be ordered online, by phone, or by mail. If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at 800-261-2576 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-register with GradImages by Clicking here. Choose Pre-Event Registration at the bottom of the page. This providesthe most correct and up-to-date contact information and ensures the delivery of graduation proofs in a timely manner. You may register your email and up to 6 emails of loved ones who would like to share in your accomplishment by viewing and ordering photos.
- Important Advice! For photographic purposes, wear your tassel to the right when you are on stage. Many photographs are undeliverable due to hair or tassels blocking the face. Hair should be styled or placed over the shoulders so it will not block the face from the camera’s view when proceeding across the stage.
- If you would like to purchase flowers for a graduate, vendors will have booths outside of the Mondavi Center prior to the ceremony, or you may pre-order flowers here.
- Balloons are not allowed inside Jackson Hall, where the ceremony takes place.
Daytime Students – Employment Survey
- Each graduating Day student must complete an Employment Survey. (Part-time students do not need to complete this form.)
- Information is confidential. This information has a significant impact on our rankings and your thoroughness and cooperation are appreciated!
- Complete the survey no later than Friday, June 13, 2014.
- Any questions about the survey? Make an appointment to meet with Career Development prior to June 14, 2014.
- Class of 2013 Employment Survey (link will be active soon).
All Students – Access Cards
- Return access cards on your last day of class/finals.
- Cards can also be returned at Commencement Rehearsal, Friday, June 13, 2014.
- Contact the Office of Academic & Student Services, (530) 752-7658(530) 752-7658.