The UC Davis Graduate School of Management has long been committed to driving positive change through the power of business, embracing community and ethical principles, and putting our collective ideas into action to build a better world. These core values are part of our mission.
Sustainability and corporate responsibility are woven into the very fabric of our culture, and the larger UC Davis community. Our new MBA curriculum deepens the integration of responsible business ethics, corporate citizenship and environmental sustainability. And we are widely recognized for pioneering research and teaching that ensures that business education is part of the solution to the challenges of globalization.
From helping to commercialize science and engineering breakthroughs, to applying new tools for socially responsible investing, UC Davis MBA students, faculty and alumni are innovative leaders, pushing for an inclusive and sustainable global economy.
Our collective commitment to the triple bottom line:
- Our UC Davis Campus Home Reflects Our Values – Maurice J. Gallagher Jr. Hall features a pioneering, eco-friendly design that is the first business school in California to earn the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Platinum certification, the highest standard of excellence in green and sustainable construction.
- One of the first 100 business schools in the world—among only 20 in the U.S.—to adopt the United Nations Global Compact’s first international guiding framework for academic institutions to advance corporate social responsibility.
- The Aspen Institute’s Center for Business Education Beyond Grey Pinstripes survey ranks UC Davis among the top 10% MBA programs worldwide for integrating social and environmental stewardship into curricula and scholarly research.
- The Aspen Institute Center for Business Education’s Beyond Grey Pinstripes survey ranks UC Davis among the top 8 small business schools and among the top 30 worldwide for leading the way in integrating social and environmental stewardship into our curricula and scholarly research.
- Our Child Family Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship hosts the premier academic program for commercializing green technology innovations, and is a springboard for moving green tech research out of the lab and into the world.
- From the Davis Net Impact Chapter—one of the most active in the U.S.—to the Community Consulting Group to our student-initiated ethics pledge, our students develop and promote programs that focus on integrity in business and community involvement.