Davis MBA – Cross Registration Instructions
Instructions and Deadlines for Cross Registration - Summer 2014
Enrolling, Scheduling, and Paying
Students can select and pay for cross registration courses during the general registration period. Processing enrollment takes place when general registration closes.
How to Cross Register
In RaPS, select courses in Manage Schedule and proceed to Register. Cross registration does not process until after the initial registration period closes.
Cross Registration Deadlines
- May 21 – 27 students may select courses for cross registration
- May 27 is that last day to register for classes
- May 28 cross registration requests processed and enrollment confirmation sent to student’s UCD email
- June 3 is the last day to pay course fees for summer courses. If fees are not paid by this date, the student will be dropped from the cross registration course.
GSM Cross Registration Policies and Procedures, Section 2.6.5 (from Policies & Procedures Handbook)
All students can take up to a total of 15 units of cross registration courses during their matriculation at the GSM. Not all courses are taught in all locations and students are advised to make cross registration requests judiciously with this in mind.
Cross Registration Process
MBA students can request cross registration in courses at other GSM campuses given the following conditions:
- Home location students get priority. When initial registration closes, there must be a space available in the course for cross registration requests to proceed
- Sacramento Courses
- The Sacramento course fee is $1,080/unit (or $3,240 for 3 units). Only textpaks (if required) are included in the course fee.
- Bay Area Courses
- Bay Area (San Ramon) course fee is $1,380/unit (or $4,140 for 3 units). The fee includes required textbooks, textpaks, meals, parking, and other higher fixed costs (optional textbooks are not included).
- Order your books using our online textbook form. Review textbook and textpak ordering instructions here. All cross registration enrollment must be confirmed prior to ordering textbooks.
- Allow 5 to 7 business days from the time you submit the order, to receive your books.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding textbooks, please contact Caroll Sandifor,Bay Area Instructional & Operations Manager.
- Cross Registration requests are processed through RaPS. Students do not need to email the GSM Registrar separately. In the Course Schedule application, select courses in Manage Schedule and proceed to Register.
- As with all registration, cross registration enrollments are prioritized based on the date/time stamp of a student’s payment. Course fees are applied directly to your student account and must be paid in full no later than June 3.
- After initial registration closes, cross registration processing begins. Within 24 hours, once it has been verified that space is available in the course, you will receive an automated enrollment confirmation email.
- May 28 cross registration processing begins. Once it has been verified that space is available in the course requested, you will be enrolled, your registration status will be confirmed via e-mail and you will need to pay course fees using mybill no later than June 3.
Now that You Are Enrolled
Sacramento Program Information
Textbooks, parking, meals, and other costs are your responsibility. Textbooks are available from the UC Davis Medical Center Bookstore.
Allow 5-7 business days from the time you are enrolled for the GSM Office of Project Resources to provide password access to textpaks.
Key Card Information for UC Davis-Sacramento Education Building
The Education Building requires your access/card badge for entry to the building and to the GSM Office after hours. These keycards function as your ID Badge that is required because the building is part of a medical campus. Once your cross registration enrollment is confirmed, the GSM administration will take care of having a security badge created for you. You will be contacted by Rodney Alexander, the Sacramento Instructional & Operations Manager, when your card is ready to be picked up. Please be aware that this process can take up to 2 weeks.
Information returned from the instructor will be available at the GSM front desk at Sacramento Education Building. Students only have a mailbox at their home campus.
Bay Area Program Information
DO NOT PURCHASE COURSE MATERIALS. If you do purchase textbooks yourself, you will NOT be reimbursed.
Required textbooks, textpaks, meals, refreshments and parking are included with your course fee. Optional textbooks are not included.
Returned assignments will be available at the Bishop Ranch front desk. Students will only have a mailbox at their home campus.
Returning Textbooks After dropping a course
Your course fees covers your textbooks for enrolled courses only. If you drop a course you need to return all textbooks in mint condition or you will be charged for the replacement cost of the book.
In order to return unused textbooks, contact Carol Sandifor.
Bishop Ranch Directions and Parking
There is no cost for parking at Bishop Ranch 15 and a permit is not required.
Bishop Ranch Access Cards
Bishop Ranch 15 (building 12647) requires an access card for entrance to the suite. Students, faculty and staff are allowed access via their access cards 24/7. Daytime students can use their access card for Gallagher Hall. If you experience issues or need a replacement card, please contact Caroll Sandifor at the Bishop Ranch 15 reception area.