Davis MBA – Cross Registration Instructions
Instructions and deadlines for cross registration - Summer 2013
Students can select and pay for cross registration courses during the general registration period. Processing (enrollment) takes place when general registration closes.
May 13 – 17: Students may select courses for cross registration
May 17: Last day to register for classes
May 20- 22: Cross registration requests processed and enrollment confirmation sent to student’s UCD email
May 31: Last day to pay course fees for summer courses. If fees are not paid by this date, the student will be dropped from the cross registration course.
CROSS REGISTRATION UNIT MAXIMUM AND GSM POLICY
GSM Policies and Procedures, Section 2.6.5: All students can take up to a total of 15 units of cross registration courses during their matriculation at the GSM. Not all courses are taught in all locations and students are advised to make cross registration requests judiciously with this in mind.
Cross registration units requested prior to Winter 2011 do not count toward the 15 unit maximum.
Cross Registration Process
MBA students can request cross-registration in courses at other
GSM campuses under these guidelines:
• Home location students receive priority and when general registration closes, there must be space available in the course.
- Sacramento Courses – If you would like to take a course in Sacramento, the course fee is $1,050/unit (or $3,150 for 3 units). Textpaks (if required) are included in the course fee.
- Bay Area Courses – If you would like to take a course in the Bay Area (San Ramon), the course fee is $1,340/unit (or $4,020 for 3 units). This fee covers required textbooks, textpaks, meals, parking, and other higher fixed costs for each course in the Bay Area program; optional textbooks are not included. You order your books using our online textbook form. All cross registration enrollment must be confirmed prior to you ordering your textbooks. Allow 5 to 7 business days to receive your books from the time you submit the order. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Caroll Sandifor, San Ramon Program Coordinator.
- Administrative processing:
o Cross Registration requests are processed through RaPS. Students do not need to email the GSM Registrar separately. In the Course Schedule application, select courses in Manage Schedule and proceed to Register.
- As with all registration, cross registration enrollments
are prioritized based on the date/time stamp of a student’s
payment. Course fees are applied directly to your student
account and must be paid in full no later than May 31.
- May 20-22: Cross registration processing begins. Once it has been verified that space is available in the course requested, you will be enrolled, your registration status will be confirmed via e-mail and you will need to pay course fees using mybill no later than May 31.
- As with all registration, cross registration enrollments are prioritized based on the date/time stamp of a student’s payment. Course fees are applied directly to your student account and must be paid in full no later than May 31.
After You Are Enrolled
Sacramento Course Information
Textbooks, parking, meals, and other costs are your responsibility. Textbooks are available from the UC Davis Medical Center Bookstore.
Allow 5-7 business days from the time you are enrolled for the GSM Office of Project Resources to provide password access to textpaks.
Directions (including parking information) to the UC Davis-Sacramento Education Building
The Education Building requires your access/card badge for entry to the building and to the GSM Office after hours. These keycards function as your ID Badge that is required because the building is part of a medical campus. Once your cross registration enrollment is confirmed, the GSM administration will take care of having a security badge created for you. You will be contacted by Gabe Coleman when your card is ready and when you can pick it up. Please be aware that this process can take up to 2 weeks.
Information returned from the instructor will be available at the GSM front desk at Sac Ed Bldg. Students only have a mailbox at their home campus.
Bay Area Program Information
Required textbooks, textpaks, meals, and parking are included as part of the Course Differential Fee. DO NOT PURCHASE COURSE MATERIALS. You should not purchase these separately and cannot be reimbursement by the GSM if you do so.
Texbook and Textpak information – If you have questions please contact Caroll Sandifor, Bay Area Facilitites Coordinator.
Allow 5-7 business days from the time you are enrolled for the GSM Project Resources Office to provide password access to textpaks. (Textpaks are included when you register for the course)
Directions (including parking information) for Bishop Ranch
Information returned from the instructor will be available at the front desk at Bishop Ranch. Students only have a mailbox at their home campus.