GSM’s Business Partners Program
Take a Seat at Our Table
by Evelina Feinberg MBA 11 | GSMAA Board Member | Neuroscience Area Manager, Avanir Pharmaceuticals Inc.
The Alumni Association’s board of directors is committed to increasing alumni engagement with the School, the students and the faculty. We understand “engagement” to include everything from fundraising to networking events, reunions and student interactions (mock interviews, informational discussions, attendance at admissions events and much more).
It also includes the Business Partnership Program, which offers a menu of benefits to build your company’s connections with the School.
Here’s a taste of what GSM Business Partners enjoy:
- Brains: Engage the best and brightest MBA students to perform targeted research projects for your organization. The GSM’s Integrated Management Projects (IMPs) provide the opportunity for students to solve complex business challenges with faculty oversight. From financial modeling to new product development to primary market research, the student teams consistently deliver constructive, actionable results.
- Access: As key business questions or issues arise, the Business Partners Program can help you identify and contact faculty at the GSM and across UC Davis whose research can provide insight and support.
- Recruitment: Business Partners have access to talented GSM students, receive a complimentary copy of the School’s student Resume Directory and may request resumes of students who have the particular skills or industry focus you need. To help assess the employment market, Business Partners receive an annual MBA placement survey that reviews salary statistics and other recruitment data.
- Events: Business Partners are invited to hear from high-profile leaders in the business community. Recent Dean’s Distinguished Speakers include Sandy Weil, former chairman and CEO, Citigroup; Bernard Tyson, president and COO, Kaiser Permanente; John Mackey, co-founder and co-CEO of Whole Foods Market; and Anne Simpson, senior portfolio manager of investments and director of corporate governance at the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS).
- Networking: Business Partners enjoy myriad opportunities to engage with Dean Currall, faculty, fellow alumni and students—as well as leaders in our local and regional business communities.
- Recognition: Your organization will be acknowledged on the GSM’s website—and at Dean’s Distinguished Speaker events that you attend.
- Facilities: Hosting an off-site? Need a large, inviting space for a client presentation—or a company training session? Business Partners have complimentary use of the GSM’s Sacramento and San Ramon facilities.
Our Business Partners believe in the School and reap valuable, measurable benefits through their participation and support.
On behalf of the GSM Alumni Association, I invite you to take a seat at our table. Make a smart investment and become a Business Partner today. Business Partner levels start at just $2,500 a year.