Incoming Full-Time MBA Orientation 2015
Details Coming Soon (see information for Orienation 2014)
Incoming Full-Time MBA Orientation 2014
August 25–September 30
Congratulations on your admittance to the UC Davis MBA program! We are looking forward to you joining the Graduate School of Management (GSM) community.
This website provides information about MBA Orientation 2014. Please check back often as information will be updated throughout the orientation period.
International Student Mandatory Check-in
Thursday, August 21. Details coming soon.
MBA Orientation 2014
MBA Orientation 2014 will prepare you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MBA Program and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive program that includes action learning sessions, critical thinking exercises and networking opportunities to set the stage for your future success at UC Davis.
There will be a $500 fee that covers about half of the total costs for orientation, with the balance covered by the GSM. Costs include presenter fees, materials, business cards, professional name tags and outside registration fees, as well as meals and snacks.
For more information and to register click here.
What to expect
- Lightweight, casual business attire is expected for most of the orientation days, as the Davis weather in August/September averages in the high 90s F (35 C). Formal business attire is expected for some sessions; notification will be given prior to the session.
- Ensure that you have activated your UC Davis user name and email.
- Bring your laptop and charger.
- Ensure you have administrative access to install printer drivers and printers
- Ensure that your laptop has MS Windows 7 or higher (XP will not be supported)
- If using a Mac, additional software may be necessary to run Windows only applications
- Expect to receive additional information about the Associated Students of Management (ASM), including information on student-run events and ASM membership.
Location and Parking
- Orientation will begin in Gallagher Hall, 540 Alumni Lane, UC Davis, Davis, CA 95616. Please access the interactive campus map to find our exact location.
- Parking permits are available for $9 from the automated kiosk located in the Gateway Parking structure as well as the Visitor Parking (VP) Lot 1 just south of Gallagher Hall.
For your convenience, we have booked a room block at Hyatt Place UC Davis, just steps from Gallagher Hall.
Room Block Dates
August 21–September 6, 2014
Make Your Reservations Online
- Click here
- Input your check-in and check-out dates on the upper right hand section of the webpage.
- The Group Code has been entered; move to Step 4.
- Click the Check Availability button.
- The room type and special group rate will populate along with the group name at the top of the page.
- Select the room type you would like to book by clicking the book button.
- Complete the next page with all of the necessary information.
Make Your Reservation Via Phone
Call 1-888-HYATT HP (1-888-492-8847).
Be sure to specify the dates you are arriving and reference the GSM Orientation 2014.
Forms To be Filled Out and Brought With You to Registration
If you have any questions, please contact us via email or call the Full-Time MBA program manager, Jacqueline Romo, at (530) 752-3593.