Internships for International Students
Under the new degree requirements recently approved by our faculty, we are requiring all Full-Time MBA students to complete a practical training (internship) component.
Because of this change, international students are no longer required to complete 9 months of academic instruction prior to working off campus. You are now eligible to accept an internship offer with a start date prior to June 2011. This change is effective immediately.
SISS Process for International Internships
- Obtain letter from internship (company) sponsor. You will need to obtain a letter from the company offering you an internship. The letter needs to state the following:
- Your start and end dates.
- The percentage of time you will be working.
- A brief description of your responsibilities.
- Deliver this letter to Kathy Gleed and then SISS. Kathy will prepare a letter recommending that you be granted CPT. You are responsible for taking both letters to SISS and they will prepare the paperwork.
Please note, SISS is fairly prompt about processing the paperwork, but it depends on the time of year and their workload. It could take up to 2-4 weeks to complete, once SISS has all the necessary documentation.
- You will need to complete this process again if you change employment!
Please contact Kathy Gleed if you have questions.