Master of Professional Accountancy Orientation 2015
Details coming soon for 2015 Orientation
Congratulations on your admittance to the UC Davis Master of Professional Accountancy Program (MPAc). We are looking forward to you joining the Graduate School of Management community.
This website provides information about MPAc Orientation. Please check back often as information will be updated as the dates approach and throughout the orientation period.
An International Student Mandatory Check-In will be scheduled in late August. International students will meet at the GSM for an important information session, followed by check-in at the Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) office.
MPAc Orientation prepares you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MPAc program and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive program that covers student life at the Graduate School of Management, prepares you for the fall recruiting cycle and includes networking opportunities to set the stage for your success at UC Davis.
A detailed MPAc Orientation schedule will be posted as soon as it is finalized. Dates and times are subject to change, so please pay attention to updates from Student Services and Career Development.
We look forward to seeing you at the Graduate School of Management in August.
Important Information about your Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP):
As a UC Davis student, you are required to have health insurance. UC Davis provides a major medical Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) to you and charges for this coverage are automatically added to your student account unless you request a waiver. You may waive SHIP if you have comparable health insurance.
Note: Most international coverage is not equivalent to SHIP. For insurance information for international students: http://shcs.ucdavis.edu/information/newstudent/international-ins.html
SHIP coverage begins when you start orientation. The SHIP fee for 2015 – 2016 has not yet been finalized; quarterly fees for 2014 – 2015 SHIP (fall, winter and spring) are $1,144 per quarter, $3,432 for the year.
Your options for SHIP coverage are:
1. To request a waiver for both summer and fall — submit waiver application online no later than August 20: http://shcs.ucdavis.edu/insurance/waiver
2. Keep coverage for both summer and fall — You will automatically be enrolled and do not need to do anything.
3. Request a waiver for summer but keep coverage for fall — email Todd Atwood, UC Davis Insurance Services supervisor, with your name, your program name, and your student ID no later than August 20 and let him know that you have other health insurance coverage and do not need the summer coverage. Email address — firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
4. Keep summer coverage, but request a waiver for fall — Submit a waiver application online after August 20, but before September 15.
For SHIP waiver information: http://shcs.ucdavis.edu/insurance/waiver/
For additional information about SHIP benefits: http://shcs.ucdavis.edu/insurance/ship/
What to expect
- Lightweight, casual business attire is expected for most of the orientation days, as the Davis weather in August/September averages in the high 90s F (35 C). Formal business attire is expected for some sessions; notification will be given prior to the session.
- Ensure that you have activated your UC Davis user name and email
- Bring your laptop and charger
- Must have administration access to install printer drivers and printers
- Must have MS Windows 7 or higher (XP will not be supported)
- If using a Mac, additional software may be necessary to run Windows only applications
- Expect to receive additional information about the Associated Students of Management (ASM), including information on student-run events and ASM membership.
Location and Parking
- Orientation will begin in Gallagher Hall (on the UC Davis campus), 540 Alumni Lane, Davis, CA 95616. Please access the interactive campus map to find our exact location.
- Parking permits are available for $9 from the automated kiosk located in the Gateway Parking structure as well as Visitor Parking (VP) lot 1 just south of Gallagher Hall.
For your convenience we have booked a room block at Hyatt Place UC Davis, which is just steps from Gallagher Hall.
Room Block Dates
Make Your Reservations Online
- Click here;
- Input your check-in and checkout dates on the upper right hand section of the webpage;
- The Group Code has already been entered; move to Step 4;
- Click the Check Availability button;
- The room type and special group rate will populate along with the group name at the top of the page;
- Select the room type you would like to book by clicking the book button;
- Complete the next page with all of the necessary information.
Make Your Reservation Via Phone
Call: 1-888-HYATT HP (1-888-492-8847)
Be sure to specify the dates you are arriving and reference the GSM Orientation 2014.
Forms To be Filled Out and Brought With You to Registration
If you have any questions please contact us via email or call the MPAc program manager, Crissy Lyles, at (530) 752-9872.
For more incoming MPAc student information, click here.