Master of Professional Accountancy Orientation 2015
Congratulations on your admittance to the UC Davis Master of Professional Accountancy Program (MPAc). We are looking forward to you joining the Graduate School of Management community.
This website provides information about MPAc Orientation. Please check back often as information will be updated as the dates approach and throughout the orientation period.
Communication & Culture Boot Camp
August 24 – 28, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Attendance is required for international students, optional for domestic students. Participation is strongly encouraged for students whose first language is not English, regardless of citizenship status.
The Communication & Culture Boot Camp will cover graduate-level communication and presentation skills with a focus on enhancing cultural understanding of Western business methods and norms.
The Boot Camp will be held in Gallagher Hall on the UC Davis campus. There you will hear from speakers ranging from International alumni to Dan Beaudry (author of Power Ties: The International Student’s Guide to Finding a Job in the United States book). There will also be intensive writing seminars, fluency workshops, and opportunities to begin researching companies and career options.
MPAc Orientation 2015
September 1 – 22, 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
Attendance is required for all students.
MPAc Orientation prepares you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MPAc program and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive program that covers student life at the Graduate School of Management, prepares you for the fall recruiting cycle and includes networking opportunities to set the stage for your success at UC Davis.
We look forward to seeing you at the Graduate School of Management in August.
Register here for Orientation and for the Communication and Culture Boot Camp.
What to expect
- Lightweight, casual business attire is expected for most of the orientation days, as the Davis weather in August/September averages in the high 90s F (35 C). Formal business attire is expected for some sessions; notification will be given prior to the session.
- Ensure that you have activated your UC Davis user name and email
- Bring your laptop and charger
- Must have administration access to install printer drivers and printers
- Must have MS Windows 7 or higher (XP will not be supported)
- If using a Mac, additional software may be necessary to run Windows only applications
- Expect to receive additional information about the Associated Students of Management (ASM), including information on student-run events and ASM membership.
Location and Parking
- Orientation will begin in Gallagher Hall (on the UC Davis campus), 540 Alumni Lane, Davis, CA 95616. The Communications & Culture Boot Camp will also be held at Gallagher Hall. Please access the interactive campus map to find our exact location.
- Parking areas for Orientation 2015 and the Communication & Culture Boot Camp include Visitor Parking Lots 1 and 2 and the Gateway Parking Structure located adjacent to the Mondavi Center. Please review the Visitor Permit Parking Area map to find these parking areas.
- Parking permits are required and available for $9 from the automated kiosk located in the Gateway Parking structure as well as Visitor Parking (VP) lot 1 just south of Gallagher Hall. There are also multiple bike parking (free) locations around the building.
For your convenience we have booked a room block at Hyatt Place UC Davis, which is just steps from Gallagher Hall.
Room Block Dates
Saturday, August 22, 2015 – Wednesday, September 15, 2015. If you need to have room outside this time period referenced above, please contact the Hyatt Place directly.
The room rate is $139.00 per night.
Make Your Reservations Online
- Click here
- Input your check-in and checkout dates on the upper right hand section of the webpage;
- Enter your Arrival and Departure Dates within the room block dates and then click check availability. That is where you will find the Group Block Titled GSM Orientation
- The room type and special group rate will populate along with the group name at the top of the page.
- Select the room type you would like to book by clicking the book button;
- Complete the next page with all of the necessary information.
Make Your Reservation Via Phone
Call: 1-888-HYATT HP (1-888-492-8847)
Be sure to specify the dates you are arriving and reference the GSM Orientation 2015.
Forms To be Filled Out and Brought With You to Registration
If you have any questions please contact us via email or call the MPAc program manager, Crissy Lyles, at (530) 752-9872.
Register for Fall Courses
Information regarding fall registration will be available on June 15. Fall registration will open on August 4.