Master of Professional Accountancy Orientation 2015
Congratulations on your admittance to the UC Davis Master of Professional Accountancy Program (MPAc). We are looking forward to you joining the Graduate School of Management community.
This website provides information about MPAc Orientation. Please check back often as information will be updated as the dates approach and throughout the orientation period.
Communication & Culture Boot Camp
August 24 – 28, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Attendance is required for international students, optional for domestic students. Participation is strongly encouraged for students whose first language is not English, regardless of citizenship status.
The Communication & Culture Boot Camp will cover graduate-level communication and presentation skills with a focus on enhancing cultural understanding of Western business methods and norms.
The Boot Camp will be held in Gallagher Hall on the UC Davis campus. There you will hear from speakers ranging from International alumni to Dan Beaudry (author of Power Ties: The International Student’s Guide to Finding a Job in the United States book). There will also be intensive writing seminars, fluency workshops, and opportunities to begin researching companies and career options.
Detailed schedule here.
MPAc Orientation 2015
September 1 – 22, 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
Attendance is required for all students.
MPAc Orientation prepares you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MPAc program and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive program that covers student life at the Graduate School of Management, prepares you for the fall recruiting cycle and includes networking opportunities to set the stage for your success at UC Davis.
We look forward to seeing you at the Graduate School of Management in August.
Register here for Orientation and for the Communication and Culture Boot Camp.
What to expect
- Lightweight, casual business attire is expected for most of the orientation days, as the Davis weather in August/September averages in the high 90s F (35 C). Formal business attire is expected for some sessions; notification will be given prior to the session.
- Ensure that you have activated your UC Davis user name and email
- Bring your laptop and charger
- Must have administration access to install printer drivers and printers
- Must have MS Windows 7 or higher (XP will not be supported)
- If using a Mac, additional software may be necessary to run Windows only applications
- Expect to receive additional information about the Associated Students of Management (ASM), including information on student-run events and ASM membership.
Location and Parking
- Orientation will begin in Gallagher Hall (on the UC Davis campus), 540 Alumni Lane, Davis, CA 95616. The Communication & Culture Boot Camp will also be held at Gallagher Hall. Please access the interactive campus map to find our exact location.
- Parking areas for Orientation 2015 and the Communication & Culture Boot Camp include Visitor Parking Lots 1 and 2 and the Gateway Parking Structure located adjacent to the Mondavi Center. Please review the Visitor Permit Parking Area map to find these parking areas.
- Parking permits are required and available for $9 from the automated kiosk located in the Gateway Parking structure as well as Visitor Parking (VP) lot 1 just south of Gallagher Hall. There are also multiple bike parking (free) locations around the building.
For your convenience we have booked a room block at Hyatt Place UC Davis, which is just steps from Gallagher Hall.
Update: Room block rates ended on July 10, 2015. If you are still interested in securing a room at Hyatt Place, you may go directly to their website here or call them at 1-888-HYATT HP (1-888-492-8847). Be sure to specify the dates you are arriving and reference GSM Orientation 2015.
Forms To be Filled Out and Brought With You to Registration
If you have any questions please contact us via email or call the MPAc program manager, Crissy Lyles, at (530) 752-9872.
Register for Fall Courses
Information regarding fall registration will be available soon. Fall registration will open on August 4.