Master of Professional Accountancy Orientation 2016
Congratulations on your admittance to the UC Davis Master of Professional Accountancy Program (MPAc). We are looking forward to you joining the Graduate School of Management community.
This website provides information about MPAc Orientation. Please check back often as information will be updated as the dates approach and throughout the orientation period.
Communication & Culture Boot Camp
August 22 – 26
Attendance is required for International students, highly recommended for Permanent Residents and optional for Domestic students.
The Communication & Culture Boot Camp will cover graduate level communication and presentation skills with a focus on enhancing cultural understanding of Western business methods and norms.
The Boot Camp will be held in Gallagher Hall on the UC Davis campus. You will hear from speakers, engage in intensive writing seminars, participate in fluency workshops, and access opportunities to begin researching companies and career options.
Detailed schedule coming soon.
MPAc Orientation 2016
August 29 – September 19, 2016
Attendance is required for all students.
MPAc Orientation prepares you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MPAc program and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive program that covers student life at the Graduate School of Management, prepares you for the fall recruiting cycle and includes networking opportunities to set the stage for your success at UC Davis.
We look forward to seeing you at the Graduate School of Management in August.
Register here for Orientation and for the Communication and Culture Boot Camp.
What to expect
- Lightweight, casual business attire is expected for most of the orientation days, as the Davis weather in August/September averages in the high 90s F (35 C). Formal business attire is expected for some sessions; notification will be given prior to the session.
- Ensure that you have activated your UC Davis user name and email
- Bring your laptop and charger
- Must have administration access to install printer drivers and printers
- Must have MS Windows 7 or higher (XP will not be supported)
- If using a Mac, additional software may be necessary to run Windows only applications
- Expect to receive additional information about the Associated Students of Management (ASM), including information on student-run events and ASM membership.
Location and Parking
- The Communication & Culture Boot Camp will be held at Gallagher Hall (next door to the Alumni Center). Orientation location coming soon. Please access the UC Davis interactive campus map to find the exact locations.
- Parking areas for Orientation 2015 and the Communication & Culture Boot Camp include Visitor Parking Lots 1 and 2 and the Gateway Parking Structure located adjacent to the Mondavi Center. Please review the Visitor Permit Parking Area map to find these parking areas.
- Parking permits are required and available for $9 from the automated kiosk located in the Gateway Parking structure as well as Visitor Parking (VP) lot 1 just south of Gallagher Hall. There are also multiple bike parking (free) locations around the building.
For your convenience we have booked a room block at Hyatt Place UC Davis, which is just steps from Gallagher Hall.
Room block information coming soon.
Forms To be Filled Out and Brought With You to Registration
If you have any questions please contact us via email or call the MPAc program manager, Crissy Lyles, at (530) 752-9872.
Register for Fall Courses
Information regarding fall registration will be available soon. Fall registration will open on August 16.