MPAc Commencement Instructions, Dates, and Forms
Saturday, June 14 at 10:00 AM Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
Events, Deadlines, and Dates
April 7, 2014
Two forms must be submitted to Daria Costello in room GH-1101G or byemail in order to be eligible for Graduation. Both forms are fillable forms.
- Leave blank the top section titled Candidacy for the Degree of Master
- Complete your personal information include your email address
- Degree Sequence Number: Leave blank
- Graduate Program: Master of Professional Accountancy
- Program Code: GPAC
- Be sure to sign and date or your form will not be accepted
- Page 2: GSM will provide a PDF of your courses via email, but you must complete the second page according to the information provided on the PDF (not handwritten)
- Master’s Report Form, Plan II (fillable form)
- Complete Name, Student ID, Graduate Program (Master of Professional Accountancy) and Degree – MPAc)
- The MPAc Program Director will complete the form after your exam and will forward it to Graduate Studies for processing.
June 2014 Graduation Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 48 units (all required units must be noted on the second page of the Candidacy Form)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Complete the comprehensive examination
- To review accumulated units refer to RaPS
February 1 – April 21: Pre-order your cap and gown for GSM special delivery
- On the gown rental site, you will first choose your degree. Please note that there are 3 MBA options for the 3 geographic program locations as well as MPAc. Please choose your program carefully so that your gown will be delivered to the appropriate location.
- The deadline to order your grad pack is April 21. Orders placed after this date may incur additional fees.
- Early-bird rental cost is $35 and includes the cap, gown, and tassel. Prices increase as the season progresses.
- More information about purchasing regalia can be found on the Commencement Website under academic dress.
February 1 – April 21: Get your Personalized Invitations!
- Personalized commencement invitations are available for purchase at the UC Davis Bookstore.
April 18: Student Speaker Selection
- Deadline to submit your student commencement speaker choice to Student Services. The MPAc cohort will decide as a group which one of them will be the speaker.
April 23: Commencement Participation Registration Deadline for all Participants
- Any student graduating in 2014 who wishes to participate in the June Commencement ceremony needs to sign up here. This registration will guarantee 6 tickets for your Commencement guests.
- If you would like to request additional tickets beyond 6, please stay tuned – that information is forthcoming.
- If you missed the April 23 deadline and wish to participate, contact Holly Bishop-Green by email.
June 13, 12N – 2pm: New Alumni Welcome, UC Davis Campus
- Complimentary luncheon welcoming 2014 graduates into the GSM Alumni Association.
- This event is for graduates, faculty, and GSMAA Board Members only. Graduates’ family members are welcome to join us at the reception following the Commencement Ceremony on Saturday
- This event is a great opportunity to meet fellow graduates from all four programs.
- Reservations are required to attend. You will receive an invitation for this event.
June 13: Rehearsal 2pm, Mondavi Center
- Attendance is strongly encouraged
- Academic dress and graduation regalia is not necessary at rehearsal
- Hooders (the person who you ask to place your hood over your head at the ceremony) do not need to be present at rehearsal
- Be prepared to return keys, employment survey or access cards, and alumni survey
- The Office of Student Services will be closed from 10am-5pm for rehearsal and set-up
June 14: Commencement Day Schedule–Get there on time!
Pictures will be taken on time! Candidates arriving late will not be accommodated.
7:30 AM: Arrive at Jackson Hall for photos
7:45 AM: Enter through back door for pictures. Only candidates will be admitted through the back door. Pictures will be taken from 7:45-9:00 AM. All guests must enter at 9:00 AM when tickets are taken at the front door
9:00 AM: Mondavi doors open for guests. Guests are not allowed inside until doors open. It is strongly recommended that graduates drive separately from their guests if arriving early for pictures
9:15 AM: Candidates will assemble, in academic dress, in the Studio. Fill out Hooder cards and photo cards
9:30 AM: Doors to Jackson Hall open
10:00 AM: Commencement Ceremony begins
12:00 N: Reception with light refreshments will take place in the Vanderhoef Theatre, Mondavi Center. Graduates and their guests attend the reception for a short time prior to departing for family parties or lunch reservations.
- Contact the Office of Academic and Student Services, (530) 752-7658.
GradImages® is the official photographer for Commencement. Proofs will be available by clicking here. Simply enter your Last Name and select 2014 from the dropdown menu.Once you see your name, click on the link to view your photos. Pictures may be ordered online, by phone, or by mail. If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at 800-261-2576 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diploma is available 10 – 12 weeks after the end of the quarter in which you completed your degree requirements.
- Diplomas are disbursed only through the Office of the University Registrar (not the GSM). You must request that your diploma be mailed by completing a Diploma Mailing Form and submitting directly to the Office of the University Registrar (either scan and email or, if you prefer, it can be picked up in person at 12 Mrak Hall.