MPAc Commencement Instructions, Dates, and Forms
Saturday, June 14 at 10:00 AM Jackson Hall, Mondavi Center
Events, Deadlines, and Dates
April 7, 2014
Two forms must be submitted to Daria Costello in room GH-1101G or byemail in order to be eligible for Graduation. Both forms are fillable forms.
- Leave blank the top section titled Candidacy for the Degree of Master
- Complete your personal information include your email address
- Degree Sequence Number: Leave blank
- Graduate Program: Master of Professional Accountancy
- Program Code: GPAC
- Be sure to sign and date or your form will not be accepted
- Page 2: GSM will provide a PDF of your courses via email, but you must complete the second page according to the information provided on the PDF (not handwritten)
- Master’s Report Form, Plan II (fillable form)
- Complete Name, Student ID, Graduate Program (Master of Professional Accountancy) and Degree – MPAc)
- The MPAc Program Director will complete the form after your exam and will forward it to Graduate Studies for processing.
You do not need to pay the $55.00 Candidacy Fee. The Graduate School of Management will pay this fee on your behalf.
June 2014 Graduation Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 48 units (all required units must be noted on the second page of the Candidacy Form)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Complete the comprehensive examination
- To review accumulated units refer to RaPS
February 1 – April 21: Pre-order your cap and gown for GSM special delivery
- On the gown rental site, you will first choose your degree. Please note that there are 3 MBA options for the 3 geographic program locations as well as MPAc. Please choose your program carefully so that your gown will be delivered to the appropriate location.
- The deadline to order your grad pack is April 21. Orders placed after this date may incur additional fees.
- Early-bird rental cost is $35 and includes the cap, gown, and tassel. Prices increase as the season progresses.
- More information about purchasing regalia can be found on the Commencement Website under academic dress.
February 1 – April 21: Get your Personalized Invitations!
- Personalized commencement invitations are available for purchase at the UC Davis Bookstore.
April 18: Student Speaker Selection
- Deadline to submit your student commencement speaker choice to Student Services. The MPAc cohort will decide as a group which one of them will be the speaker.
April 23: Commencement Participation Registration Deadline for all Participants
- Any student graduating in 2014 who wishes to participate in the June Commencement ceremony needs to sign up here. This registration will guarantee 6 tickets for your Commencement guests.
- If you would like to request additional tickets beyond 6, please stay tuned – that information is forthcoming.
- If you missed the April 23 deadline and wish to participate, contact Holly Bishop-Green by email.
June 13, 12N – 2pm: New Alumni Welcome, UC Davis Campus
- Complimentary luncheon welcoming 2014 graduates into the GSM Alumni Association.
- This event is for graduates, faculty, and GSMAA Board Members only. Graduates’ family members are welcome to join us at the reception following the Commencement Ceremony on Saturday
- This event is a great opportunity to meet fellow graduates from all four programs.
- Reservations are required to attend. You will receive an invitation for this event.
June 13: Rehearsal 2pm, Mondavi Center
- Attendance is strongly encouraged
- Academic dress and graduation regalia is not necessary at rehearsal
- Hooders (the person who you ask to place your hood over your head at the ceremony) do not need to be present at rehearsal
- Be prepared to return keys, employment survey or access cards, and alumni survey
- The Office of Student Services will be closed from 10am-5pm for rehearsal and set-up
June 14: Commencement Day Schedule–Get there on time!
Pictures will be taken on time! Candidates arriving late will not be accommodated.
7:30 AM: Arrive at Jackson Hall for photos
7:45 AM: Enter through back door for pictures. Only candidates will be admitted through the back door. Pictures will be taken from 7:45-9:00 AM. All guests must enter at 9:00 AM when tickets are taken at the front door
9:00 AM: Mondavi doors open for guests. Guests are not allowed inside until doors open. It is strongly recommended that graduates drive separately from their guests if arriving early for pictures
9:15 AM: Candidates will assemble, in academic dress, in the Studio. Fill out Hooder cards and photo cards
9:30 AM: Doors to Jackson Hall open
10:00 AM: Commencement Ceremony begins
12:00 N: Reception with light refreshments will take place in the Vanderhoef Theatre, Mondavi Center. Graduates and their guests attend the reception for a short time prior to departing for family parties or lunch reservations.
- Contact the Office of Academic and Student Services, (530) 752-7658(530) 752-7658
- Diploma is available 20 weeks after the end of the quarter in which you completed your degree requirements.
- Diplomas are disbursed only through the Office of the University Registrar (not the GSM). You can request that your diploma be mailed by completing a request form (PDF) and submitting directly to the Office of the University Registrar or, if you prefer, it can be picked up in person at 12 Mrak Hall.