Professional Development Grant Program
2015-2016 Academic Year
Professional Development Grant Program (formerly Travel Grant Program)
The UC Davis Graduate School of Management has funding available to assist MBA students with out-of-state career fairs. Our intent is to create opportunities for our students to meet companies, interview for positions and expand their professional networks.
Funding is finite so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
As soon as possible, but typically at least one month before the fair, apply for funds by sending an email to CareerDevelopment@gsm.ucdavis.edu. Include:
- Name, city and dates of the career fair
- Names of the companies you plan to contact at the career fair
- Breakdown of estimated costs to attend the career fair:
- Registration fee
- Hotel (if sharing accommodations, include only your share)
Grants are typically $200-500 and students are limited to one award each academic year. If approved, the award will be credited directly to your student account. Within one week after the event, you need to document your attendance at the career fair.
Eligibility for funding:
- Open to students in all MBA programs who are currently registered and in good academic standing (not on academic probation).
- Secure interviews with companies and attend company-sponsored events.
- Upload your résumé before event to the career fair website.
- Attend networking events, if invited.