Public Health Management
Invest in the stock market… your returns are gone.
Invest in real estate… the bubble has popped.
Invest in yourself… it’s forever.
Your education is always a good investment. MBAs develop life-long skills that result in greater career opportunities, stronger earning potential and a higher return on investment. Don’t wait to invest in yourself — Apply Now
Results of the UC Davis MBA
Experience the difference a UC Davis MBA makes as you transform your ideas into action.
Increase your marketability and long-term career success with a nationally ranked MBA program recognized for a strong return on investment for our alumni.
Network with successful alumni, such as:
- Wendy Cerruti MBA 99, Senior Manager – Blue Shield of California
- Jon Cason MBA 02, Senior Analyst – Sutter Health
- Michael Taylor MBA 03, CFO & Senior Vice President – St. Rose Hospital
Learn More about the Public Health Concentration
The public health management specialization prepares you for diverse roles in government agencies and other organizations. The MBA coursework provides you the leadership and management competencies required to progress from mid-level positions to higher-level positions with increasing managerial responsibility.
Courses in business analytics and technologies, finance, marketing, organizational behavior and strategy develop a broad managerial decision-making context to apply and integrate specific tools and techniques related to public health management issues.
As part of this specialization, you take up to 12 units of Public Health coursework, taught on the main UC Davis campus during the day, that count toward the 72 units for your MBA.
- SPH 210 Introduction to Public Health Informatics (2 units)
- SPH 273 Health Services Administration (3 units)
- SPH 222 Social and Behavioral Aspects of Public Health (3 units)
- SPH 290 Seminar in Public Health (1 unit per quarter for 4 quarters)