Quantitative Assessment Requirement
Incoming Class Fall 2013
Incoming students are required to complete the online Quantitative Fundamentals Assessment by September 4, 2013.
Accessing the Online Assessment
- Complete your registration for the online course and obtain your log in and password.
- Access the Quantitative Fundamentals assessment course using these step-by-step instructions. There are four modules to this course: Algebra, Probability, Statistics and Calculus.
- Complete the pre-test for these four parts of the Quantitative Fundamentals assessment, algebra, probability, statistics and calculus.
- After completing all four pre-tests, you can calculate your average percentage to determine if you need to continue with the modules. Add up the four scores and divide by 4.
- Students who have an average of 75% or greater from the four pre-tests are not required to continue with the modules and will not be required to attend the Quantitative Review Sessions in September.
- Students who have an average less than 75% from the four pre-tests must complete the module information and take the final exam for each of the modules that are below 75%.
Student A received the following pre-test scores:
The average of the four pre-tests is below 75%, so this individual must work through the Statistics and Calculus modules and take both of those final exams. We strongly recommend that every student work through all four modules but in this case, the final exams for Algebra and Probability are NOT required.
- Final averages will be calculated using the higher score between the pre-test and final exam of each module. You can use the score calculator to figure out your unofficial average score. You will receive an email from Student Services once scores have been confirmed.
- All students with an average score of less than 75% must attend all three sessions of the Quantitative Fundamentals Review Sessions.
Quantitative Fundamentals Review Sessions
Three review sessions will be offered at both the Sacramento and Bay Area campuses. All students with an average score of less than 75% must attend all three sessions in one of the two locations. Students who scored 75% or higher are welcome to attend if additional review is desired.
Session Dates, Times and Locations:
4610 X Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 5-9 pm
Thursday, September 12, 2013, 5-9 pm
Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 5-9 pm
Bay Area Campus
12647 Alcosta Blvd, Ste 190
San Ramon, CA 94583
Friday, September 13, 2013, 3-7 pm
Sunday, September 15, 2013, 1-5 pm
Friday, September 20, 2013, 3-7 pm
Spreadsheet Modeling Course
We strongly recommend that students who would like to build their spreadsheet skills take the online Spreadsheet Modeling course, also available through the HB website. Though not required, it is highly recommended given that students who focus on improving spreadsheet skills seem to experience greater success in the core curriculum. Please use this link to access the course.
- If you have technical difficulties accessing the course, please contact email@example.com.
- If you have other questions about this requirement, please contact Kathy Gleed, Director of Academic & Student Services.
- You do not need to contact Student Services when you are finished. Scores will be assessed weekly to determine who has completed the requirement.