Sacramento MBA Orientation 2014
September 20 - 21, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Congratulations on your admittance to the UC Davis MBA program! We are looking forward to you joining the Graduate School of Management (GSM) community.
This website is designed to provide information about MBA Orientation 2014. Please check back often as information will be updated throughout the orientation period.
MBA Orientation 2014
MBA Orientation 2014 will prepare you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MBA Program and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive program that includes action learning sessions, critical thinking exercises, and networking opportunities to set the stage for your future success at UC Davis.
For more information and to register click here.
What to expect
- Attire is business casual on both Saturday and Sunday. Please note: you will be taking professional photos Saturday morning, starting at 8:00 a.m. Make sure you arrive ready to take your professional headshot.
- Ensure that you have activated your UC Davis user name and email.
- Bring your laptop and charger.
- Ensure you have administrative access to install printer drivers and printers.
- Ensure that your laptop has MS Windows 7 or higher (XP will not be supported).
- If using a Mac, additional software may be necessary to run Windows only applications.
Location & Parking
September 20 Orientation
- University of California, Davis Conference Center, 550 Alumni Lane, UC Davis, Davis, CA 95616. The Conference Center is located adjacent to the GSM, Gallagher Hall.
- Parking at UC Davis on Saturdays is complimentary.
- September 21 Orientation
- University of California Medical Center, Education Building, Sacramento, CA. Visit the Sacramento Campus Guide for full details on the facilities.
Optional Ropes Course: Saturday, September 27
Join your classmates for a day of adventure and team building at Challenge Sonoma Ropes Course! This optional excursion is a fantastic way to get to know your incoming cohort.
- When: Saturday, September 27, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Challenge Sonoma Ropes Course
- Cost: $65 – lunch is included in the price
- Students will provide their own transportation to this event, and carpooling is highly encouraged.
- RSVP for this event by Tuesday, September 23.