Sacramento MBA Orientation 2015
September 12-13 (required in Davis and Sacramento)
September 19 (optional ropes course in Sonoma)
Additional information will be updated as it becomes available. Please check this site regularly.
MBA Orientation 2015
Congratulations on your admission to the UC Davis MBA program! We are looking forward to you joining the Graduate School of Management (GSM) community.
MBA Orientation 2015 will prepare you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MBA Program and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive program that includes action learning sessions, critical thinking exercises, and networking opportunities to set the stage for your future success at UC Davis.
Sign up here for Orientation.
We have made arrangements for students to participate in a ropes course to strengthen your teamwork skills. This is a fantastic way to connect with fellow students and future classmates. You will also learn strategies for working in teams under pressure. Lunch is included in the $75 fee. The deadline to sign up is September 4.
UC Davis business cards and nametags are available for purchase and are useful for networking and other events. Business cards are $33 for a box of 500 and nametags are $12 each and typically take about 4 weeks to arrive.
Click here to sign up for the ropes course and order business cards or a nametag.
September 12, Saturday: UC Davis Conference Center, arrive 8:30 a.m.
September 13, Sunday: UC Davis Education Building, Sacramento, arrive 9:00 a.m.
September 19, Saturday: (optional) Ropes Course, Eldridge (near Sonoma)
Locations, Parking and Logistics
- UC Davis Conference Center, 550 Alumni Lane, Davis (located next to the GSM Gallagher Hall).
- Parking is available in Visitor Parking Lots 1 and 2 and the Gateway Parking Structure. No parking permit is required on the UC Davis campus on Saturdays. Please review the Visitor Permit Parking Area map to locate these parking areas.
- Visit the Davis GSM Campus Guide for full details on the facilities.
- Attire is business casual. You will be taking professional photos.
- UC Davis Education Building, 4610 X Street, Sacramento.
- The closest parking is available in lots 14. Please review the UCDMC Campus Map to locate this parking area.
- Visit the Sacramento GSM Campus Guide for full details on the facilities.
- Attire is business casual.
- Bring your laptop and charger. Prior to arriving:
- Have an active UC Davis user name and email
- Ensure you have administrative access to install printer drivers.
- You should have MS Windows 7 or higher (XP is not supported).
- If using a Mac, additional software maybe necessary to run Windows only applications.
- Challenge Sonoma Ropes Course, 15000 Arnold Drive, Elderidge (just northwest of Sonoma).
- Click here for directions. Parking is available on-site.
- Visit the Challenge Sonoma Ropes Course website for more information details.
- Wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes, long pants are best (below the knee). No halter tops please (harnesses can cause abrasion).
- Lunch is provided but bring a filled water bottle and snacks.