Shift into High Gear
Known for driving results in the workplace, innovative thinking and effective collaboration, UC Davis MBA graduates are in high demand across a wide range of industries.
Our experienced career development team works closely with you to prepare for your continued professional advancement. We help you leverage your experience, knowledge and skills to be a successful leader who can make a difference in the business world.
Interning and now working full time at Tesla Motors is a dream come true. The experience allows me to be a critical contributor toward building the future of the automobile. Tesla’s high-energy, spirit of innovation and flawless execution are what I had aspired to achieve through my UC Davis MBA
James Chen ‘11
Our Career Development Approach
In tandem with our new academic curriculum, our enhanced, career development program bridges your classroom experience with the global job market.
As a UC Davis MBA student, you can employ this series of activities andworkshops to develop the tools and resources needed to accelerate your career. You’ll strengthen your ability to build relationships, present yourself and find the right path for a rewarding career.
- Engage with Us – One-on-one sessions with our expert career counselors to assess your professional goals and develop a customized career strategy.
- Maximize Opportunities – Make the most of on- and off-campus recruiter activities, company tours, career fairs and industry events.
- Tap Our Powerful Alumni Network – Benefit from our deeply loyal and supportive alumni, who make time to mentor and assist you.
- Present Yourself – Résumé, cover letter and interview strategies to effectively market yourself.
More Tools To Take You Further
Our career development team offers a range of additional activities and services to help in every stage of your career planning.
- Leadership Fellows Program – This one-year program will help you understand leadership, build self-awareness and strengthen your leadership capabilities. The Leadership Fellows Program complements the UC Davis MBA curriculum and furthers our mission to prepare innovative leaders for global impact. This workshop series gives students additional tools to boost both leadership skills and professional achievement.
- Personalized Virtual Interview Practice – Online tool enables you to capture your responses to common and specialized interview questions, review your performance and focus on areas to improve.
- Industry Launches – Focused workshops on career paths, nuances, dynamics and expectations of specific industries, including management consulting, financial services, energy, sustainability, clean tech, high tech, medical devices/biomedical engineering, healthcare, marketing and agriculture.
- Corporate Visits and Job Treks – Coordinated trips to Silicon Valley, San Francisco and other hotbeds to get an insider’s view into industry and company operations, culture and career opportunities.
- Job Hunt Huddles – Team up with industry experts, who offer personalized guidance and fresh perspectives to accelerate your job search.
- Peer Coaching – Students meet regularly in small groups to support, advise and motivate each another, leveraging the School’s collaborative culture.