Student Travel Grant Guidelines
2014-2015 Academic Year
The UC Davis Graduate School of Management has funding available to assist MBA students with out-of-state career fairs. Our intent is to create opportunities for our students to meet companies, interview for positions and expand their professional networks.
Funding is finite so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
As soon as possible, but at least one month before the fair, apply for funds by sending an email to CareerDevelopment@gsm.ucdavis.edu. Include:
- Name, city and dates of the career fair
- Breakdown of estimated costs to attend the career fair:
- Registration fee
- Hotel (if sharing accommodations, include only your share)
Grants are typically $200 and students are limited to one award each academic year. If approved, the award will be credited directly to your student account. Within one week after the event, you need to document your attendance at the career fair.
Eligibility for funding:
- Open to students in all MBA programs who are currently registered and in good academic standing (not on academic probation).
- Attempt to secure interviews with companies.
- Upload your résumé before event to the career fair website.
- Attend networking events, if invited.