Find Key Information for the Education Building
UC Davis, Graduate School of Management
Sacramento MBA Campus
4610 X Street, Room 2203
Sacramento, CA 95817
Hours and Access
The Education Building entrances are locked after 6:30 p.m. on weekdays, and all day on weekends. The computer lab, classrooms and meeting rooms are locked Mon.-Thurs. at 9 p.m., Fridays at 6 p.m., and all day on weekends. You may obtain a key to access these rooms in Room 2203.
The GSM has exclusive use of the North Wing of the 2nd Floor from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m., Mon-Thurs, and 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. on Saturdays. Classrooms may be reserved in advance, however, any open classroom during this time is available to GSM students exclusively on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sacramento ID Badge/Cardkey
The Education Building requires a unique name badge and access card for entry to the building and the GSM Office* after hours. These cardkeys function as your required ID badge for security purposes, as a part of the UCDMC professional campus. If you experience issues or need a replacement card, please contact Rebecca Moncada.
*To open the GSM Office door with your ID badge, hold the card up to the card reader to the right of the door sign; then simply push the door open.
The GSM Office is staffed by Student Services and Project and Instructional Resources.
The Sacramento MBA Program Manager is the primary liaison for students, serves as an advisor on policies and procedures, and provides leadership for student programs and events.
The Sacramento MBA Instructional & Operations Manager is the primary liaison for faculty, instructional support, and facility management for both students and faculty.
For student experience related questions or concerns please contact:
Monday-Thursday (11 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
For instructional support, facility related questions, concerns, tours, or access requests please contact:
Monday-Thursday (11:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
Irregular Saturdays (8 a.m. – noon)
1. Quarterly “GS” Permit:
Quarterly permits ($60) are valid after 5 p.m. weeknights and all day on weekends, in lots 12, 14, and 16. These permits are also valid on the Davis campus in “C” permit spaces. To obtain a quarterly permit, submit cash or check with your registration form.
Passes are available for purchase on the 2nd floor of the Education Building during the first week of instruction each quarter.
2. Daily Permits
Evening permits ($3) are valid after 5 p.m. in lots 12,14, or 16. These are available for purchase (cash/credit) from the kiosk in lot 14. Weekend all-day passes ($3) are also available for purchase in lot 14.
A note on Davis Campus Permits
Students, faculty, or staff with Davis campus “C” permits may park in lots 14 and 16 or anywhere UCDMC “C” permits are valid. Faculty and staff with Davis campus “A” permits may park in lot 12 or anywhere UCDMC “B” permits are valid.
GSM Office, Room 2203
- Copy, print, scan, fax.
- Snacks, microwave, mini fridge, water coolers, and a coffee maker.
- Staff desks.
Wireless printing is available via the student wireless network only:
- Guest wireless is available throughout the Education Building. Use of the secured student network and/or wireless printing, requires a UCDMC computing account. This is a unique account and independent of your campus (Kerberos) account. If you would like to request this access please contact Rebecca Moncada.
Computer lab - Located on the 2nd floor in Room 2106
Interprofessional Lounge - Located on the 4th floor
- Features a sink, larger refrigerator, additional seating, digital piano.
- The student wellness room is shared by the GSM, School of Medicine, and School of Nursing.
- Both classrooms and meeting rooms are each equipped with computers, DVD and VHS tape players, projector screens, and audio/video recording capabilities. Laptops may be plugged in with a standard analog 15-pin plug.
- Equipment is controlled by touch-screens inset on the whiteboards on the wall in each room. Computers are automatically logged in.
- PLEASE DO NOT log off the classroom computers. Logging off requires a complete reset of the room’s A/V system.
- Conference calls and Video conferencing are available with 1–2 days advance notice. Contact Rebecca Moncada to schedule any A/V conferencing.
Sacramento MBA students may retrieve assignments, projects, and returned materials from the mailboxes located in the lateral filing cabinets in room 2203. Please note: Cross-registered students only have a mailbox at their home campus. These items will be returned to their home campus locations.
PUBLIC TRANSIT AND BICYCLING
Sacramento Regional Transit routes 38, 50E serve the UC Davis Medical center. The Light Rail Gold Line stops at the 48th Street station, which is about a half-mile walk through residential neighborhoods to the Education Building.
Please note: Transit schedules vary at night and on weekends and holidays. Please plan for your return trip as well as for the particular day of your class.
Bicycle racks are located outside the main entrance of the Education Building.
RESERVING A ROOM
Reservations Outside of Program Hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
The GSM shares this facility with the Schools of Medicine and Nursing. Reservations for GSM related events, class sessions, and meetings must be reserved through the Health System. Please contact Rebecca Moncada if you would like to reserve a room outside of GSM program hours.
During Program Hours (5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.)
The following classrooms are utilized by the GSM during program hours:
- 2222 — 150 Seats
- 2205, 2206 — 30 Seats
Policy for Scheduling the Education Building at UCDMC
- As the GSM shares program space in the Education building with the School of Medicine, only specific programmed times are available for scheduling (i.e., M-Th 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. and Sat 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m.).
- Anything outside of these hours must be scheduled in the School of Medicine’s system and should be coordinated through GSM’s Sacramento MBA Instructional & Operations Manager.
- As with all classrooms, the Dean’s Office controls the date range when classrooms (i.e., rooms 2222, 2205, and 2206) can be scheduled; generally opened at the beginning of each term for the duration of the term.
Classrooms are generally not available for open scheduling until the class schedule is completed. Other rooms (i.e., 2213, 2208, and 2207) are available for scheduling during program hours.
FACILITY MAINTENANCE ISSUES
If you encounter a facility related issue regarding the Education Building, please contact Rebecca Moncada.
For temperature control adjustments please contact UCDHS Plant Operations & Maintenance (916) 734 – 0927.
For housekeeping and/or custodial cleanups (916) 734-3777.
PLACES TO EAT
There are a number of places to eat near the Sacramento Education Building. A few are listed below:
Located on the first floor of the Education Building, this cafe features grab-and-go food, made-to-order sandwiches, a full coffee bar, and other assorted snacks and beverages. Open till 6 p.m.
Boon Boon Cafe
Thai food located at 3022 Stockton Boulevard.
Anna’s Vegan Cafe
Vegetarian and vegan dishes located at 3500 Stockton Boulevard.
Subway and Jack in the Box located on the corners of Stockton and Broadway.