Gallagher Hall: State-of-the-Art LEED Platinum Building
Home of Our Full-Time MBA and MPAc Programs
Featuring a striking glass-and-tile façade, state-of-the-art technology and open spaces inspiring innovative thinking and teamwork, Maurice J. Gallagher, Jr. Hall offers a premier learning environment to prepare UC Davis MBA students to become tomorrow’s business leaders.
The UC Davis campus is 15 miles west of the state’s capital, Sacramento, and 75 miles east of San Francisco and the Bay Area. The wineries of Sonoma and the Napa Valley are about an hour’s drive to the northwest; Lake Tahoe and the ski slopes of the Sierra Nevada are two hours to the east, and the seacoast towns of Mendocino and Santa Cruz are about 150 miles to the north or south, respectively. Not only are there many recreational resources in the outlying areas such as boating, swimming, sailing on the Sacramento River Delta or San Francisco Bay, skiing, and hiking, but the city of Davis also has over 90 miles of bikeways, more than two dozen tennis courts, three public swimming pools, a municipal golf course, and beautiful parks and greenbelts to add to the delights of small town living.
Gallagher Hall Fast Facts
- Opened September 2009
- 40,000-square-foot new campus home for the School
- Bold architecture and open,vibrant spaces inspire creativity, collaboration and community.
- Physical statement of UC Davis’ leadership role in business education
- High-tech facilities designed for:
- Interactive learning experiences
- Integrated student and career services center for students to develop skills needed to advance their careers
- LEED Platinum certification, the first public business school in California to achieve the U.S. Green Building Council’s top standard. Eco-friendly design reflects School’s ethos of sustainability