Leadership in the Digital Enterprise
The UC Davis Master of Science in Business Analytics program is designed to prepare you to thrive as an innovative leader in the digital economy.
“In collaboration with industry partners and drawing on the deep expertise at UC Davis, we have created a distinctive curriculum that blends organizational effectiveness with computing and analytic skills. This synchronizes classroom and applied learning through the 10-month corporate project.”
– Professor Hemant Bhargava, Suran Chair in Technology Management
The UC Davis program has a number of distinctive features in how it responds to industry need for managerial competence in analytics.
- Blends organizational effectiveness with data science skills and business knowledge.
- Recognizes and leverages the role of a diverse set of skills in analytics work, by admitting students based on leadership in specific skill set (quantitative analysis, computing, business experience, and organizational effectiveness) and assembling them into teams with leaders with complementary strengths.
- Emphasizes learning-by-doing and teamwork through faculty-mentored corporate analytics project that runs the entire duration of the program.
- Emphasizes analytics life-cycle experience via project work that runs from opportunity identification to problem structuring to solution to persuasion and implementation.
- Facilitates learning from peers from analytic and humanistic disciplines, fresh graduates and mid-career professionals, from the U.S. and abroad.
Specialized, Hands-on Business Analytics Project
From day one of the program, you’ll join a five-member team to tackle a real-world business analytics project for a corporate client. The year-long project course gives you the opportunity to solve complex business problems starting with an analytical framework, collecting and analyzing data, extracting insights and presenting recommendations for action to the client company. Learn more
UC Davis MSBA Key Facts
- The inaugural class of the 10-month MSBA will be seated in Fall 2017
- Program located in San Francisco, heart of the Big Data revolution
- Classes will be taught on Fridays and Saturdays to enable students to combine their full-time course with other professional and personal responsibilities
- Program tuition and fees are approximately $55,000
- As graduates of a STEM-designated program, international students are eligible for up to 36 months of practical training