Foundations of Technology Series: New Product Innovation
Evan Benway, Senior Product Manager–Innovation, Plantronics
About The Speaker
Evan Benway is Senior Product Manager, Innovation at Plantronics, where he is leading the development of a new audio business within the company. As product lead, he plays the roles of product owner and new business strategist, not to mention inventor: Evan has four patents issued and approximately half-a-dozen under review.
Prior to this, Evan was product manager for Plantronics’s largest core business segment, and additionally worked within the company’s new business incubation unit. Evan has an MBA from UC Davis, was a Fulbright recipient, and is also an avid jazz drummer.
About Foundations of Technology Series
Join MBA students, alumni, prospects and admissions representatives for eight Saturdays of learning and networking around the technology industry. The technology industry forms a vital part of the Northern California economy and these sessions provide an opportunity to deepen your understanding and connections.
Engage with innovative leaders from top companies, deepen your industry and functional knowledge and get an inside track on internship and career paths.
Sessions are on Saturdays from 4:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the GSM Bay Area campus in San Ramon. The dates are April 8, April 15, April 22, April 29, May 6, May 13, May 20 and June 3. Participants may attend all or individual sessions. Light refreshments will be served.
- April 8: Jonathan Avni, Product Manager at Pinterest
Topic: Product Management and Monetization
- April 15: Aaron Naldoza, Head of Sales Development, LinkedIn
Topic: Sales Development
- April 22: Damian McKenna, Director, Advertising Technology at Facebook
Topic: Driving Transformation
- April 29: Evan Benway, Senior Product Manager-Innovation, at Plantronics
Topic: New Product Innovation
- May 6: Stephanie Montaño, General Counsel, CSR [RE]DESIGN Group
Topic: Corporate Social Responsibility
- May 13: Simon Macgibbon, Co-founder & Managing Partner, BCG Digital
Topic: Digital Innovation
- May 20: Adam Massey, Director, Strategic Technology Partnerships at Google
Topic: Technology Partnerships
- June 3: Jordi Monso, Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Company
Topic: Technology Consulting
*subject to change based on availability