Part-Time MBA - Sacramento - Success Stories
“After so many years in the same field, I still carry the same passion I have had since day one. I also still have the same simple goal, which is to share what I am good at to help as many people as possible.”
At Google’s Mountain View campus, UC Davis alumnus Ramak Siadatan helps empower corporate clients to bring innovative technology to their business so people can work better together. It’s about tools for improving collaboration and solving problems.
- President, 2012 Dean’s Student Advisory Council
- Communications Director, 2011 Dean’s Student Advisory Council
- UC Davis Leadership Fellow
- Co-Chair, Capital Connections Networking Event
B.A., Cognitive/Computer Science University of California, San Diego
- Founding President, Toastmasters International Club at Sacramento GSM
B.S., Business Administration, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
As an aspiring entrepreneur, the UC Davis MBA program is the right place for me. I’ve taken advantage of the many opportunities to put my ideas into action, both in and out of the classroom. The encouragement, expertise and camaraderie of the community of faculty and fellow students enable me to exceed my goals.
My international experiences and multicultural background have had a significant impact on how I understand the world. I’ve learned to appreciate the value that divergent perspectives bring to meeting the challenges of globalization and international business. Constructive debate ensures continuous improvement, better solutions, more innovation and excellent results.
Demand Side Specialist, Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
UC Davis MBA Ambassador
B.S., Business Administration, Concentration in Marketing | Sacramento State University
- MBA internship, Intel-GE Care Innovations | Roseville, Calif.
- Talent Acquisition Specialist, Progressive Insurance | Rancho Cordova, Calif.
- Previous Degree
B.A., Sociology, University of California, Berkeley
One of the greatest benefits of the UC Davis MBA program is the opportunity to interact with students from diverse professional backgrounds—engineers, IT specialists, even veterinarians—who bring their own methods of problem solving to the table. The program also gives me access to internationally renowned faculty members who have real-world, practical field knowledge. I see the UC Davis MBA as a means to springboard my career.
B.S., Computer Science California State University, Sacramento
- Wells Fargo Global Equity Strategy team member
- CFA Society of Sacramento Past President
- CFA Institute volunteer leader
- Co-founder and writer, Sacramento Business Review
- Past team leader, Placer County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue
- Giving back: hosts UC Davis MBA students to Shadow Days at Wells Fargo; participates
Founder and CEO, KlickNation Corp. | Sacramento, Calif.
B.S., Computer Science, California State University, Sacramento
Team Lead, Consulting Center project for the Sacramento Bee
“I learned how to recruit and build a team and shape a sustainable business. Today I’m running on the thrill of doing exactly what I want to do.”
- Medical Director, Family Medicine Clinic
- Medical Director, Family Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Program
- Department of Family and Community Medicine, UC Davis Medical Center
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California, San Diego
- MSPH | Concentration: Epidemiology, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A., Biology, California State University, Northridge
“From operations management to business strategy to customer relation¬ship management—I dail
“It’s important for physicians to be more knowledgeable about healthcare costs, and to be able to balance clinical effectiveness with cost effectiveness. If, as a physician, you do not get involved, someone else will start to make those decisions for you.”
The UC Davis MBA program is a fantastic fit for me. Being exposed to experienced professionals outside Intel and learning from their thought processes and viewpoints are vital to broadening my own views and approaches to business problems.
B.S., Business Administration, The Ohio State University
The close-knit UC Davis MBA community allows me to collaborate with professors who have a global reputation as leaders in their fields. I also benefit from the new knowledge and perspective of working closely with other highly motivated and successful individuals from diverse industries throughout Northern California.
B.S., Business Administration California State University, Sacramento
The UC Davis MBA curriculum is bringing my business knowledge to the next level. Every class helps me see my workday in a new light. I have a clearer picture of strategic decisions being made by senior management, and I’m sharpening my analytical skills and applying techniques to better understand our customers’ needs and expectations.
B.S., Electronics Engineering, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Occidente (ITESO), Universidad Jesuita de Guadalajara, Mexico
The UC Davis MBA program played a significant role in my recent promotion at Procter & Gamble. My management education gave me added credibility within the company that I would succeed in a competitive sales environment. I’m up to the challenge because I’m bringing a great UC Davis MBA tool kit.
B.S., Biochemical Engineering, University of Missouri