After Completing Your Degree
Information for students who have completed degree requirements
Aug 17, 2012
- 4 weeks after the end of the quarter
All grades are confirmed and your name is included on the final degree list sent to the Office of the University Registrar. We confirm with you at this time your name was on the final degree list. If you need to print letters for employer reimbursement, you should do so immediately since your access will be cancelled within 10 days of receiving an email confirming degree requirements have been met.
- 8 weeks after the end of the quarter
Degrees for the quarter are officially awarded by the Academic Senate and only then are noted on each student’s transcript.
- 10-12 weeks after the end of the quarter Diplomas are ready for pick up at Mrak Hall on the UC Davis campus. If you wish to have your diploma mailed, please complete the Diploma Mailing Form and mail it, with fee, directly to: Cashier’s Office, University of California, P.O. Box 989062, West Sacramento, CA 95798-9062. Diplomas are only issued by the Office of the Registrar.
- Diplomas are disbursed only through the Office of the University Registrar (not the GSM). You can request that your diploma be mailed by completing a request form (PDF) and submitting directly to the Office of the University Registrar or, if you prefer, it can be picked up in person at 12 Mrak Hall.
- Contact information for Office of the University Registrar:
- Website http://registrar.ucdavis.edu/html/students.cfm
- Phone (530) 752-2973
- Full time students MUST complete the Career Development Employment Survey in order for diploma to be awarded.
- As a recent alumni, you are eligible for an optional and complimentary service that will forward your firstname.lastname@example.org email to an external email address of your choice (e.g., email@example.com). This forwarding service will apply only to new incoming email sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org address after you register.
- You can keep your email as long as you like by forwarding your ucdavis.edu email account.
- You have 6 months from your graduation date to request this service, or your email account will be deleted.
All Students – Access Cards
- Return access cards on your last day of class/finals.
- Cards will be deactivated at the end of the quarter in which you complete your degree.
Full-time Students – Employment Survey
- Each graduating Day student must complete an Employment Survey. (Part-time students do not need to complete this form.)
- Information is confidential. This information has a significant impact on our rankings and your thoroughness and cooperation are appreciated!
- Complete the survey no later than Friday, June 15, 2012
- Any questions about the survey? Make an appointment to meet with Career Development prior to June 15, 2012.
- Class of 2012 Employment Survey
Part-time Students – Grade Letters
- If you need to print out letters for employer reimbursement, you will have access two weeks after your confirmation email. After that your information is moved to our Alumni database, and you will no longer have access.
- Contact the Office of Academic & Student Services, (530) 752-7658