The Associate Director is responsible for engaging with the Career Development and Corporate Relations Teams. Develop and implement an employer engagement strategy that results in better placement outcomes and stronger corporate relationships. This includes developing new corporate relationships, improving internship and career placements (both MBA and MPAc) while strengthening the GSM’s diversity efforts with the School’s Chief Diversity Officer. The overall goal of this employer engagement strategy is to build visibility for UC Davis and the GSM worldwide and create concrete opportunities for partnerships.
Under general oversight of the Senior Director of Career Development, lead the overall corporate engagement efforts for MBA/MPAc placement. Create targeted programs to create placement opportunities for UC Davis MBA and MPAc students with competitive employers. Travel to corporate sites, job fairs and other off-site events. Provide comprehensive, in-depth information about the UC Davis Graduate School of Management through high-level meetings, workshops and panel discussions with a diverse population of current and potential employers for the express purpose of identifying, cultivating and delivering job opportunities for MBA and MPAc students. Develop employer communications, including correspondence, publications and web content. The position is designed to increase corporate support, corporate partnerships, student diversity, and critical placements in the GSM’s degree programs.
60% PLACEMENT STRATEGY
Develop and execute a strategic and tactical plan to expand the number and quality of corporate affiliates that leads to high-caliber companies for internship and career placement. Develop and execute a placement strategy program plan that includes: an outreach strategy that leverages existing strengths and relationships with the GSM’s corporate network; strategic marketing and communications to promote student talent, faculty expertise and GSM programs; the design and management of corporate engagements to place a diverse group of MBA students each year; research on potential corporate partners with an interest in MBA educational opportunities or non-degree educational programs for their employees; and the development of performance metrics to assess the program’s impact. Develop major corporate partnership proposals. Maintain a culture of ethics in relationships to minimize conflicts of interest or the appearance of conflicts of interest. Develop and monitor performance metrics for placement strategy to assess its impact and effectiveness.
30% BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FOR GSM
Create, implement, monitor, and evaluate a comprehensive business development and recruitment program for the Daytime MBA Program. Execute strategic marketing and communications to promote GSM programs and students to employers;. Leverage corporate relationships for internship and career placement opportunities. Work closely with the GSM Deans, Managing Director of Executive Education, and Director of Corporate Relations to execute strategies across multiple platforms.
10% DIVERSITY PROGRAM ENHANCEMENT
Collaborate with the GSM’s Chief Diversity Officer to create a diverse pipeline of candidates for a stronger applicant pool for the GSM. Ensure program recruitment and outreach strategies emphasize the importance of a diverse applicant pool, student body and community for the GSM. Promote diversity awareness among faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Design and manage of corporate engagements to promote awareness of this initiative.
Work alternative hours and attend evening events.Requires significant travel in and around northern California and some national travel.
- Ten years of executive-level corporate experience required. Experience includes directing financial and strategic planning, and business development activities. Experience managing large, complex organizations and teams. Experience managing external constituencies including customers, shareholders, and investors.
- Five years of experience in corporate relations (philanthropic and\or sponsorships) or corporate relations program development. Demonstrated experience in preparing and delivering in-person solicitations directly to prospects and corporate partners. Knowledge of and experience with development, corporate sponsorship and fundraising techniques.
- Three years experience screening, interviewing and hiring MBA candidates into competitive positions and organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in administration, business development, and recruitment of program participants at a top-level graduate business or management school. Demonstrated skills to establish and maintain strong connections with alumni, faculty, corporate officers, students and the public in a professional manner that promotes a positive image of the School. Skills to work effectively and sensitively with diverse constituencies.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills; skills to express ideas, concepts and the case for support and program participation clearly and concisely. Skills to represent the GSM in the corporate environment and interact well with a diverse array of people from a variety of professions and educational backgrounds. Experience working with corporate officers. Demonstrated skills to handle difficult situations diplomatically. Demonstrated experience maintaining a high degree of discretion, integrity and sensitivity to confidentiality and privacy.
- Experience in developing and executing both strategic and tactical plans. Experience to design original and creative programs. Analytical skills to assess the success of programs to develop solutions and devise program improvements. Strong entrepreneurial and management skills. Proven record of accomplishment in achieving aggressive financial, fundraising, or business goals.
- Outstanding organizational, time management and analytical skills to work effectively under the multiple performance targets and deadlines while paying careful attention to detail. Demonstrated skills to manage and execute multiple simultaneous projects, set priorities, track progress, meet deadlines and meet performance targets.
- Demonstrated experience writing persuasive and compelling prose for use in correspondence and marketing and communication material.
Preferred Qualifications for Selection:
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.