Leadership Fellows Program
For Part-time MBA students
The UC Davis Graduate School of Management is pleased to announce the kickoff of the 2015 Leadership Fellows Program for our part-time MBA students. This program is intended to help participants understand leadership, build self-awareness, and strengthen leadership capabilities. The Leadership Fellows Program is designed to complement the UC Davis MBA core curriculum and continue the school’s mission to prepare innovative leaders for global impact. This training series gives participants additional tools to boost both leadership skills and professional achievement.
Qualified students who are interested in the Leadership Fellows Program (LFP) will go through a selection process. The accepted cohort will consist of students from the Bay Area and Sacramento programs. To qualify, students must be:
- Currently enrolled in either the Bay Area or Sacramento MBA Program.
- Finished with all first year core coursework.
- In good academic standing.
This includes students that may complete their degree during the course of the Leadership Fellows Program. We will give preference to students who are closest to graduating.
The participants chosen for this program will attend three workshops, develop a personal Leadership Development Plan, and complete a 360° survey. The 360° survey will consist of a self-assessment, as well as ratings from eight raters selected by the student. Throughout the duration of the program students will receive continuous feedback on this assessment as well as the Leadership Development Plan drafted in the workshop. Subsequent workshop topics include Competency 360° Assessment, Leadership Development Workshop, and a final workshop on Becoming a Trusted Leader. Participants will wrap up and reflect on their experience and insights and be awarded their certificate of completion. Participating students will:
- Attend all three workshops. The workshops have been scheduled so they don’t conflict with any currently scheduled courses.
- Complete a 360° assessment: The 360° assessment includes you and 8-12 professional colleagues completing a confidential survey that rates your skill level on 27 different leadership competencies.
- Create a Leadership Development Plan. You select three competencies for your LDP and receive feedback on them.
- Purchase For Your Improvement: You can purchase it here for about $100.00 (no ebook version is available).
Applications are due Sunday, January 25, 2015 and include:
- A current résumé
- A list of previous and current leadership activities
- An essay describing:
- Considering your personal and professional experience, describe what leadership means to you and why you want to join the program.
- What you hope to gain in your role as a Leadership Fellow.
Please submit materials to email@example.com.
Important Program Dates
- Submit Application: Sunday, January 25
- Receive Program Decision: Monday, February 2
- Commit to Program: Wednesday, February 4
- Attend Leadership Competencies and 360° Assessments: Sunday, February 8, 4:00-7:00 p.m. (San Ramon)
- Submit List of 360° Raters: Monday, February 16
- Complete 360° Ratings: Monday, March 9
- Attend Leadership Development Plan and 360° Assessment Results: Sunday, March 29 (San Ramon)
- Submit Leadership Development Plan: Monday, April 20
- Attend Workshop: Closing Session – Sunday, May 31 (Davis)
What is the Program Commitment?
During the program, fellows will attend three targeted workshops, create a personal Leadership Development Plan, and complete a 360° survey. Students will also be asked to purchase For Your Improvement, which is available for purchase here. There is no ebook version of this text available.
Can I still apply if I graduate before the program ends?
Yes, as long as you were enrolled for at least one quarter in the year you apply for, you are still eligible to participate.
Do I have to attend all workshops?
Yes, all workshops are mandatory. Exceptions will only be made in extreme cases.
How soon will I find out if I was accepted into the program?
We will notify all applicants by February 2, 2015.
Where will the workshops be held?
Workshops will be held on the following afternoons:
• Sunday, February 8 – San Ramon
• Sunday, March 29 – San Ramon
• Sunday, May 31 – Davis
Can anyone enrolled in the MBA program attend the workshops?
No, the workshops will only be open to those who have been accepted into the LFP.
Can I earn academic credit by participating in the LFP?
No, the workshops will not count toward your graduation requirements.
What happens if I miss a workshop?
You will not be able to continue the program if you do not attend all sessions.
Can I participate more than one year?
No, the program is not designed for participation more than once.
If I am not accepted the first year, can I try again the following year?
Candidates who are not selected in their first year can reapply. Preference will be given to students in their final year.
Who do I send my application materials to?
Please submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to pay for the program?
No, it is included in course tuition fees. Participating students will need to purchase the text For Your Improvement, which is available through Amazon.
Further questions should be directed to your Program Manager:
Sacramento MBA Program Manager
Bay Area MBA Program Manager