MBA PROGRAM MANAGER – DAVIS
STUDENT AFFAIRS OFFICER I
Under general supervision the Director of Academic & Student Services, provide leadership and strategy for MBA student programs, events, and activities supporting current MBA students. Provide high-level advice and guidance to diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, applicants, company representatives and the general public regarding MBA policies & procedures, deadlines, and events. Primary source of information and communication for current full-time MBA students.
50% PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Work with senior staff in Student Affairs to ensure that all MBA students have an exceptional experience. Primary contact for student concerns, needs, and issues. Develop and administer measurement tools to assess student satisfaction. Front-line decision-maker and communicator for student needs for MBA activities, events and processes. Analyze processes and functions and make recommendations for improving program effectiveness. Provide high-level advice and guidance to diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, applicants, company representatives, and the general public regarding UC Davis MBA policies and procedures, deadlines, events, including orientation, registration, special programs, courses, curriculum, academic policies, graduation, commencement and other critical information. Assist in enforcement and interpretation of MBA policies and procedures, monitor student compliance, and take action to resolve situations.
30% SUPPORT TO GSM REGISTRAR
Provide full range of enrollment activities, involving a variety of online systems including enrollment and registration support for the MBA program and provide information to the Deans, Admissions & Student Services and Development & External Relations. Insure the accuracy of data and statistics used in reporting. Complete special projects as requested by the Dean, Assistant Dean and Director. Manage the content and updates for substantial portions of the GSM student website, perform content edits, updates and additions. Convert and re-purpose documents for the student website. Verify that links work properly to ensure successful access. Work with the Web committee and staff to provide information related to admissions, student programs, orientation, academic requirements, registration, and commencement. Work with the Webmaster and Marketing Coordinator to maintain the pages in a timely fashion and ensure that new content meets UC Davis web and editorial standards.
20% OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Make independent decisions, including budgetary allocations, regarding event needs and resources. Coordinate event logistics with other campus departments or off-campus vendors, including catering, room reservations, room set-up, collateral materials, presentations, and audio/visual equipment needs for information sessions, orientation, campus visits, room and other events. Secure student and alumni speakers as needed. Back-up to MBA Program Manager, Bay Area and MBA Program Manager, Sacramento.
Variable work hours.
Work occasional overtime, including some Sundays and evenings, sometimes on short notice to meet operational needs. Requires travel; must be able to drive to Sacramento, Davis and San Ramon campuses and Sacramento and Bay Area locations. Valid California driver’s license required. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Advising experience with undergraduate or graduate students.
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills to produce letters, memos, reports, etc.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skills to maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrated orientation toward providing a high level of customer service to students, alumni, employers, staff, faculty and the public.
- Skills to solve problems and develop solutions independently and effectively.
- Skills that demonstrate initiative, establish priorities, exercise independent judgment, work independently and as a team members and perform multiple assignments, to distribute efforts among tasks, to meet deadlines and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Skills to handle difficult, sensitive and/or confidential issues with student groups, persons of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds, special interest groups organizations, employers and company representatives, alumni, campus staff, faculty, the public, and others.
- Skills to maintain confidentiality of grades, academic issues and other information contained in student files.
- Computer skills to work at an advanced level in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Background in marketing, public relations, recruitment, or advertising.
- Experience in relational databases, electronic communications and web editing.
- Skills to prepare statistical reports and analyze a variety of data and processing systems.
- Skills to analyze procedures and make improvements for continuous business performance improvements.
- Knowledge and experience in working with graduate level management students.
- Knowledge and experience of UC Davis and campus resources.
- Broad and specific knowledge of the graduate and professional student experiences.