Andrew Barkett MBA 09
Bay Area MBA Alumnus
At Google I learned a lot about the Internet, large-scale computer systems and technology. Working as a management consultant and getting an MBA completed my skill set. Now, analyzing strategic opportunities and threats, and knowing how to motivate engineers to tackle them, help me take my career—and Facebook—to the next level.
- James F. Sullivan Award
- Member, Bay Area Working Professional MBA Student Council
B.A., Political Economy, University of California, Berkeley
- Senior Director, Engineering
Livescribe, Oakland, CA
- Senior Management Consultant
Taos Mountain, Inc., San Jose, CA
- Technical Program Manager
Google, Inc., Mountain View, CA
- Renaissance man! Deeply interested in philosophy, literature, film and economics.
- Co-founder, Greenlight Apparel, an entrepreneurial venture committed to fighting child labor and promoting sustainability and positive change.
- Advisor/investor in several Silicon Valley start-ups.
- Economics and strategy advisor to the Human Needs Project, a group aiming to bring clean water and reliable infrastructure to the worst slums in Kenya.