Technical Lead Macys.com
San Francisco, Calif.
B.S., Systems and Computer Science Howard University | Washington, D.C.
The UC Davis MBA delivers the in-depth understanding of business I need to launch the next stage of my career. I’ve learned to understand people’s motivations in the workplace, and am better equipped to navigate organizations and get things done. I’ve acquired the tools to predict a project’s financial success. Now I’m bringing it all together with real-world experiences in creating a viable VC-backed business.
- 14 years of experience as a software engineer
- Has led teams to produce mission-critical solutions for diverse clients, including Silicon Valley start-ups, a large insurance carrier, the Northern California U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Career goal: successful founder of a software start-up
- Key asset: enjoys finding creative solutions to tough challenges
- Leads several fundraising events to support a scholarship for Bay Area African American youth
- Post-graduation short list: learn to sail, resume traveling