Claire Kurmel MBA 04
MBA Program Alumna
The Graduate School of Management was instrumental in my successful career transition from a marketing manager at an e-commerce company to the international financial services industry. Today, I manage institutional marketing efforts in the U.S. and Canada for BlackRock—a $3 trillion global asset management firm.
Student Leadership and Awards
- Chair, Big Bang! Business Plan Competition
- Robert H. Smiley Award for Outstanding Leadership
B.A., Visual Communications, California State University, Chico
- Offers current UC Davis MBA students valuable internship and career advice.
- Outdoor enthusiast—especially sailing and hiking.
- Beginning guitar player.
- Describes BlackRock colleagues as “nice and smart with fire in the belly.”