James Chen MBA 11
Accessories and Tooling Program Manager, Tesla Motors Inc.
Supply Chain Management, Tesla Motors Inc. | Palo Alto, Calif.
- Director of Marketing, Big Bang! Business Plan Competition
- Vice President, Marketing Association
Entrepreneur/Founder, Infinite Possibility Inc. | Sacramento, Calif., and Tokyo, Japan
B.S., Mechanical Engineering | University of California, Davis
Interning and now working full time at Tesla Motors is a dream come true. The experience allows me to be a critical contributor toward building the future of the automobile. Tesla’s high-energy, spirit of innovation and flawless execution are what I had aspired to achieve through my UC Davis MBA.
- Spent five years in competitive go-kart racing, working toward becoming a professional racecar driver.
- Researched hybrid and alternative-fuel vehicles in Japan; designed for Formula SAE and Future Car/Truck student projects.
- Former design engineer at Ford Motor Co.; program manager/engineer at two Japanese automotive systems manufacturers with global footprints.
- Launched business to promote motorsports in Japan and self-designed aftermarket automotive accessories globally.
- Has worked on projects with major Japanese automotive manufacturers: Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Suzuki, Mazda.