Wayne Leighty MBA 10
Manager, M&A and Commercial Finance, Shell Oil Co.
The leadership, collaboration and communications skills I learned in the UC Davis MBA program are critical to my success at Shell. My ability to build and motivate effective teams, understand our structure and strategy, and map power and influence in our stakeholder communities fuel my career.
- High-potential MBA Intern, Shell Chemical, Houston, Tex.
- Professional Trainee, Advanced Technology, Southern California Edison, Los Angeles, Calif.
Chief of Staff, Alaska State Senator Gretchen Guess
- Ph.D., Sustainable Transportation Energy Program, University of California, Davis
- M.S., Transportation Technology and Policy, University of California, Davis
- M.S., Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California, Davis
- B.S., Environmental Science; B.A., Economics, Brown University, Providence, R.I.
- Adjunct faculty, College of Business and Public Policy, University of Alaska, Anchorage.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Alaska Nature Conservancy.
- Member, Board of Directors, The Leighty Foundation.
- Emerging Venture Analyst, UC Davis Energy Efficiency Center.
- Stephen G. and Shelley A. Newberry Distinguished Student Fellowship.
- Chevron Graduate Fellowship.