Bay Area MBA Registration Instructions
Detailed information on Paying Fees, Course Registration, and more for the Bay Area MBA
Summer 2013 Registration Timeline & Overview
RaPS (Registration and Payment System) Features:
- Registration and payment all inclusive (no need to enroll in SISWEB), all adds/drops/course changes processed in RaPS (and forwarded to SISWEB)
- Cross registration is included with your home campus course registration and processed automatically after initial registration closes
- In Manage Schedule, previously taken courses do not appear for selection eliminating the need to scroll through redundant course offerings
Group 1 (48+ completed units) Opens: Monday, May 6 6:00 a.m.
Group 2 (47 or less completed units) Opens: Monday, May 13 6:00 a.m.
INITIAL PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION DEADLINE:
Friday, May 17, midnight
(If you do not plan to enroll this quarter, you must file the Non-Registration form by this deadline.)
REGISTRATION REQUESTS CONFIRMED:
Wednesday, May 22
Students select and pay for cross registration courses at the same time they select courses at their home campus. Processing cross registration enrollment begins the day after initial registration closes and confirmation of enrollment emailed to student by the date above.
FINAL COURSE CHANGE DEADLINE (Add/Drop):
Saturday, June 29
All summer classes, regardless of start date, must be added or dropped by this deadline to avoid the registration penalty fee.
Saturday, August 31
You are expected to attend courses through the end of finals, including all final exams at their posted times.
Required Courses for Graduation
Fall 2012 entering students:
MGB 268 – Articulation and Critical Thinking
One section of 30 will be offered this summer. There is no wait list and the course maximum will not be increased. Any student not taking this course during the summer is required to take it in the Fall 2013.
Information You Need to Register For Classes
Your UC Davis LoginID, Kerberos passphrase
Registration in RaPS transmits to the campus system on an hourly basis during these times:
Monday – Friday 6:00a.m. to 12 midnight
Saturday – Sunday 10:00a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Any registration and payment submitted outside of these times are date/time stamped and submitted as soon as the campus system re-opens. Students are enrolled in courses based on the date/time stamp of their registration for the quarter. Approximately 24 hours after registration, students receive an automated enrollment confirmation email. If a confirmation email is not received, return to RaPS, Manage Schedule and check your status there. Do not verify enrollment in SmartSite.
As a reminder, ALL GSM registration activity (adding and/or dropping) must be done in RaPS, NOT SISWEB. By entering registration changes directly into SISWEB, students will automatically activate a registration freeze on their accounts. Be advised that it may take in excess of 72 hours to resolve the conflict in both systems.
1. Manage Schedule
In RaPS, log in (UCD LoginID and Kerberos passphrase) and build your schedule in Manage Schedule by selecting courses you plan to take for the quarter. For information on using RaPS, please read the Course Schedule Overview & Instructions.
Proceed to Pay for Courses (see next step).
2. Pay for Courses- All fees must be paid prior to enrolling in courses
REGISTRATION PENALTY FEE
You will incur a $250 registration penalty fee, if
– you have not met both the initial payment and registration deadlines.
– you file the non-registration form after the registration deadline for the quarter.
– you have not met the posted candidacy form deadline for graduation.
Any registration request made after the final course change deadline is an exception, regardless of when the first course meeting is. If the exception is approved, you incur a $250 registration penalty fee.
STUDENTS STILL NEED SISWEB FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Reviewing your UC Davis account
- Graduate Financial Aid packaging and awards
- Confirming your quarterly course enrollments
- Final grades
- Enrolling in non-MBA courses at UC Davis
COURSES AND CONCENTRATIONS
If you have questions about an individual course, please check the course syllabus and/or contact the professor directly.
If you have questions about the applicability of a certain course to your goals, please contact either Associate Dean Hemant Bhargava or the graduate advisor, Professor David Bunch. Here is information on Areas of Concentrations.
INDEPENDENT or GROUP STUDY (298, 299, 498, 499
Complete the Independent Study Form, have the sponsoring faculty member and the GSM Graduate Advisor sign it and submit it at least three weeks prior to the start of the quarter. We must request a CRN from the Office of the University Registrar which will take several days to receive.
Group study students need to submit all forms as one packet complete with all signatures for the entire group. Do not submit forms individually for a group study project.
These course titles appear as “Directed Independent Study” or “Directed Group Study” in the university system.
COURSES NUMBERED 29*
All courses numbered in the 290 series (291, 292, etc) appear as “Topics in…..” with a subject listed (Marketing, Finance, etc.)
COURSES NUMBERED 49*
All courses numbered in the 490 series appear as “Dir Grp Mgmt Prac” (Directed Group Management Practicum).
UC Davis Tax Information. This information is only available through Student Accounting. The GSM does not have access to it.
Additional Registration Information:
- Registration Groups - Part-time MBA Registration Group Information
- Cross Registration Information – Bay Area – Instructions and deadlines for cross registration
- Wait List Information – Instructions and deadlines for waitlist students
- Course Registration Changes – Adding/Dropping classes, refunds and more
- Enrolling in Less Than 6 Units – What you need to know
- Not Enrolling this Quarter – Filing Non-Registration Forms
- Bay Area Textbooks & Textpaks – Where to Find Textbooks and Textpaks
- Independent Study Form – Download the PDF for your Program Here
- Graduation Requirements, Curriculum and Concentrations - Requirements for Graduation & Resources to Complete Your Degree