Business Plan Competitions
A comprehensive listing of business plan competitions, including application deadlines
This one-of-a-kind case competition redefines the relationship between business and a healthy planet.
Graduate students from across the US tackle the interconnected business and sustainability aspects of a current, real-life issue facing the outdoor gear retailer Patagonia. In the first round of competition, interdisciplinary teams submit solutions to a case developed by the Berkeley-Haas Case Series and Patagonia. Senior leaders from Patagonia review all submissions and select finalists to present their solutions to Patagonia executives in person at Berkeley-Haas.
- Team Registration Dec. 18
- Final date to add team members Jan. 13
The Kellogg-Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge seeks to identify outstanding proposals offering novel investment strategies to meet some of the most pressing global challenges ahead. As the world’s population approaches 9 billion people by the year 2050, the challenge of meeting human demand for scarce global resources will intensify. Finance has a key role to play in meeting this challenge.
- All prospectuses will be due February 15th, so now is the time for your students to be forming teams and starting to brainstorm towards their financial concepts.
- Each student team should be made up of no more than four people, all graduate students.
- Teams will identify a social or environmental challenge that can be addressed through financial innovation and craft their own creative impact investment approach.
This year the world’s leading premium portioned coffee brand, Nestlé Nespresso, engaged with the academic world and inspired 86 different MBA schools to take part in the fourth edition of the Nespresso Sustainability MBA Challenge.
Nespresso, in partnerhip with the Sustainable Markets Intelligence Center (CIMS) and Latin America’s leading Business School INCAE organize and manage the global MBA Challenge. All information on criteria, rules, FAQs, registration, etc., is available on the Participants Guide.
- School Registration is open until January 31
- Should be completed by a university representative
- Within 72 hours the faculty sponsor will receive the school code by email (this is necessary for team registration)
- If interested in forming a GSM team, please contact Inger Maher by January 11.
- Team Registration is open until January 31
Contact by email at: email@example.com
The theme of this year’s conference is “Navigating the Global Business Environment,“ and will feature workshops, keynote speakers, a career fair with notable companies, and the 12th Annual Minority Case Competition. The entire conference is being organized and run by the HU MBA student body.
Register your case team: October 24, 2016
Conference: November 3-4, 2016
Students play the role of VCs who have around $100MM to invest in one of the startups presenting. They’ll be assessing the investment opportunities and pitching an investment strategy to the VC judges.
School Entry Fee for 2017: October 15, 2016
Team Registration for 2017: 10 days prior to the Regional finals event January/February 2017
Team Photo for 2017: One week prior to the event January/February 2017
Teams of three presenters are being invited from universities and colleges across the country to compete. Each team have the opportunity to develop important professional skills such as analyzing and responding quickly to often-complex business issues. Also, teams will have a chance to hone their communication and team-building talents while learning from the expertise of business executive judges and moderators.
At least two presenting team members must represent ethnic diversity. In the spirit of this minority MBA student case competition, it is desired that a majority of the team members presenting be of an ethnic minority background (identify as being African American, Asian American, Hispanic/Latino American, Native American/American Indian or Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander).
First through fifth place winners receive trophies and team awards ranging from $500 to $7,000.
Event Dates and Application Deadlines
Registration: October 3 – December 2, 2016
Applicant Acceptance Notification: December 9, 2016
Event Dates: February 24-26, 2017
The University of Pittsburgh’s Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business is hosting an invitational case competition, designed to test the teams’ ability to collaborate on different business disciplines, and will focus on a current issue within the energy industry.
Registration for the 2017 Katz Invitational Case Competition will open on October 1, 2016.
Eligibility: Each university will be represented by one team of fou) graduate students pursuing an MBA. Students pursuing a dual degree (JD/MBA, MBA/MIS, etc.) qualify as MBA students. The team may be a combination of U.S. and foreign students. All team members must be enrolled at the same university. Executive MBA students are not eligible to participate.
The CFA Institute Research Challenge is an annual global competition that provides university students with hands-on mentoring and intensive training in financial analysis.
- Asia Pacific Regional: March 15-16, 2017, Bangkok, Thailand
- Americas Regional: April 6-7, 2017, Seattle, USA
- EMEA Regional: April 26-27, 2017, Prague, Czech Republic
- Global Final: April 28, 2017, Prague, Czech Republic
Eligibility: Full-time student at a participating university, you do not hold the CFA charter. You have never worked in a role that involved fundamental company analysis. You have never participated in the CFA Institute Research Challenge. You are eligible under local competition rules.
In the Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge, interdisciplinary student teams define an environmental problem, develop a solution, design and build a prototype, create a business plan that proves their solution has market potential, and pitch to 250+ judges at a demo-day event.
- Team Registration – Open your account and provide basic team info only. January 20 to Sunday, Feb. 1 at midnight
- Official Team Entry: Screening Round Monday, Febuary 20 at midnight: 5-7-page Business Summary due.
- Monday, February 27: Teams will hear if they have been selected to compete in the Challenge on March 30, 2017
Eligibility: Eligible students can form a team with non-students, but for the sake of this competition, they will be considered as advisors. Students must have an ownership stake in the business or the potential for equity or employment.
2017 Information Coming Soon
2017 Information Coming Soon
2017 Information Coming Soon
2017 Information Coming Soon
Retail & Health Innovation Challenge – 2016 early team registration deadline October 17, regular registration October 28, late deadline November 4.
Meet industry executives and the world’s best corporate retail innovators. Get a shot at tens of thousands of dollars in prize money. Be named as a Top Student Retail Innovator.
The competition is seeking ventures that meet the following criteria:
- Products/Services with a potential for commercialization within the next 12 months
- Pioneering, value adding ventures that go well beyond currently available solutions
- Venture-fundable ideas, those that carry the greatest potential viability and profitability
- Products/Services that are accessible to customers through a variety of channels (mobile, web, brick & mortar retail)
- A commitment to overall personal health, wellness and well being
- New tools, systems and mechanisms that address:
- Diagnostic understanding
- Preventative measures
- Persistent relief
- Therapeutic care
- A dedication to supporting holistic, long-term, chronic health
Nespresso MBA Sustainability Challenge - School registration opens in November 2015, Team registration deadline February 8, 2016.
2015 Busbud Scholarship of Travel Innovation - Application Deadline: November 30
Nestle Nespresso Global Sustainability MBA Challenge 2015-Register your school by January 23. Register your team by January 30.
5th Merck Serono Innovation Cup Summer Camp – Application Deadline: January 31
Hult Prize Registration – Application Deadlines: November 18; December 31
LeanModel Start-up Competition-Registration Deadline: November 4
2015 International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition – Application Deadline: November 14
2015 BNY Mellon-Katz Invitational Case Competition-Registration Deadline: December 3
Fuels Institute presents The Future of Transportation Case Competition-Application Deadline: December 8
Henkel Innovation Challenge – Application Deadline December 10
NSHMBA Case Competition
Global Fund for Children MBA Challenge
Tulane Business Plan Competition
Asian MBA Leadership Conference & Career Exposition
Reaching Out Conference for LGBT MBA Students and Business Leaders
Climate-Smart Agriculture: Global Science Conference
John Molson MBA International Case Competition
McGinnis Venture Competition
Global Social Entrepreneurship Competition
MIT $100K Business Plan Competition
Brown-Forman Cardinal Challenge
Venture Capital Investment Competition
Net Impact Competition
Walmart Better Living Business Plan Challenge
Saint Mary’s Sobey School of Business RMA Credit Risk Competition