Business Plan Competitions
A comprehensive listing of Business Plan Competitions, including application deadlines
The CFA Institute Research Challenge is an annual global competition that provides university students with hands-on mentoring and intensive training in financial analysis.
The first ever CFA Institute Research Challenge competition was hosted by the New York Society of Security Analysts in 2002 and involved just five teams from the New York area. Since then, the competition has grown to involve tens of thousands of students from over 800 universities in more than 55 countries.
- Asia Pacific Regional: March 15-16, 2017, Bangkok, Thailand
- Americas Regional: April 6-7, 2017, Seattle, USA
- EMEA Regional: April 26-27, 2017, Prague, Czech Republic
- Global Final: April 28, 2017, Prague, Czech Republic
- Teams: Up to two teams may represent one university.
- What to expect: 100-150 hours researching their assigned company and assembling their report. 30 or more hours practicing and assembling their presentation.
- How to participate: Local Hosts, made up of approved volunteer groups and CFA Institute member societies, organize and judge the local level Research Challenge competitions. Learn more about the levels of competition and familiarize yourself with the Official Rules & Eligibility
- Eligibility: Full-time student at a participating university, you do not hold the CFA charter, You have never worked in a role that involved fundamental company analysis, you have never participated in the CFA Institute Research Challenge, ou are eligible under local competition rules.
Nespresso MBA Sustainability Challenge – School registration opens in November 2015, Team registration deadline November, 2015.
Nespresso MBA Sustainability Challenge - School registration opens in November 2015, Team registration deadline February 8, 2016.
2015 Busbud Scholarship of Travel Innovation - Application Deadline: November 30
Nestle Nespresso Global Sustainability MBA Challenge 2015-Register your school by January 23. Register your team by January 30.
5th Merck Serono Innovation Cup Summer Camp – Application Deadline: January 31
Hult Prize Registration – Application Deadlines: November 18; December 31
LeanModel Start-up Competition-Registration Deadline: November 4
2015 International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition – Application Deadline: November 14
2015 BNY Mellon-Katz Invitational Case Competition-Registration Deadline: December 3
Fuels Institute presents The Future of Transportation Case Competition-Application Deadline: December 8
Henkel Innovation Challenge – Application Deadline December 10
NSHMBA Case Competition
Global Fund for Children MBA Challenge
Tulane Business Plan Competition
Asian MBA Leadership Conference & Career Exposition
Reaching Out Conference for LGBT MBA Students and Business Leaders
Climate-Smart Agriculture: Global Science Conference
John Molson MBA International Case Competition
McGinnis Venture Competition
Global Social Entrepreneurship Competition
MIT $100K Business Plan Competition
Brown-Forman Cardinal Challenge
Venture Capital Investment Competition
Net Impact Competition
Walmart Better Living Business Plan Challenge
Saint Mary’s Sobey School of Business RMA Credit Risk Competition