Career Launch Sessions
National trends indicate that a majority of entering MBA students intend on switching careers, either by function or industry. The sooner you begin your career exploration, the better chance you will have in obtaining your goals. We will schedule dates in August/September for you to meet with a Career Development staff member to start this process with a brief Career Launch session.
Every first-year student is required to participate in a session. It would be to your advantage to complete your Career Leader assessments (all three) before conducting your Career Launch session. We will use this time to begin assessing your career development needs and to share mutual expectations.
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to register for Career Launch sessions until July 15.
To schedule your Career Launch Session:
- Go to Symplicity at https://gsm-ucdavis-csm.symplicity.com/students/
- To log in, enter your username (UCD email address) and password (UCD Student ID with no dashes).
- Under Shortcuts, on the right-hand side of your screen, click Request a Counseling Appointment.
- Select Career Launch as the Counseling Type from the drop down box.
- Enter a date range and click “Check Availability”. Click on the counselor’s name to schedule the appointment.
These sessions will be held on-campus and in-person. If your schedule conflicts with the dates and times offered or if you need to request a session via Skype, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you. Call us at (530) 752-4003.
Bring the most recent version of your resume. If you have arranged a session via Skype, email us your resume in advance.