Cross Registration Information – Bay Area
Instructions and deadlines for cross registration - Summer 2013
Students select and pay for cross registration courses during the registration period. Processing (enrollment) takes place when initial registration closes.
May 6 or May 13 – Students may select courses for cross registration
May 17 – Initial Registration: Last day to register and pay for classes
May 20-22 – Cross registration: Requests processed and enrollment confirmation sent to student’s UCD email
June 29 – Final day to make course changes (Add/Drop)
Cross Registration Unit Maximum and GSM Policy
GSM Policies and Procedures, Section 2.6.5: All students can take up to a total of 15 units of cross registration course during their matriculation at the GSM. Not all courses are taught in all locations and students are advised to make cross registration requests judiciously with this in mind.
Cross registration units requested prior to Winter 2011 do not count toward the 15 unit maximum.
Cross Registration Process
MBA students can request cross-registration in courses at other GSM campuses under these guidelines:
- Home location students receive priority and when initial registration closes, there must must be a space available in the course.
- The course fee structure for Sacramento is different than for
the Bay Area. If you take a course in Sacramento, your
student account is credited with the $100 per unit Course Fee
Differential. Selecting a Sacramento course for cross
registration automatically calculates the course fee differential
reduction for payment. Under the Sacramento fee structure,
textpaks are included. Textbooks, parking,
meals, refreshments and other costs are not
- If you receive a billing notification prior to the third week of the quarter for the difference, you can ignore it.
- If you paid the full amount for a Bay Area course and are changing to a cross registration course, a refund will processed during the third week of the quarter.
- Administrative processing:
- Cross Registration is processed through RaPS. Students do not need to email the GSM Registrar separately. In the Course Schedule application, select courses in Manage Schedule and proceed to Pay for Courses for payment.
- As with all registration, cross registration enrollments are prioritized based on the date/time stamp of a student’s payment.
- Beginning May 20 through 22:
- Cross registration processing begins. Once it has been verified that space is available in the course requested, you will be registered and your registration status will be confirmed via e-mail.
After You Are Enrolled
Sacramento Course Information
Textbooks, parking, meals, refreshments and other costs are your responsibility.
Textbooks are available from the UC Davis Medical Center Bookstore.
Allow 5-7 business days from the time you are enrolled for the GSM Office of Project Resources to provide password access to textpaks.
Directions (including parking information) to the UC Davis-Sacramento Education Building
Key card information for the UC Davis-Sacramento Education Building. The Education Building requires your access/card badge for entry to the building and to the GSM Office after hours. These keycards function as your ID Badge that is required because the building is part of a medical campus. Once your cross registration enrollment is confirmed, the GSM administration will take care of having a security badge created for you. You will be contacted by Gabe Coleman when your card is ready and when you can pick it up. Please be aware that this process can take up to 2 weeks.
Information returned from the instructor will be available at the GSM front desk at Sac Ed Bldg. Students only have a mailbox at their home campus.