Cross Registration Information – Sacramento
Instructions and deadlines for cross registration - Summer 2013
Students can select and pay for cross registration courses during the general registration period. Processing (enrollment) takes place when general registration closes.
May 6 or May 13 – Students may select courses for cross registration
May 17 – Initial Registration: Last day to register for classes
May 20 – 22 – Cross Registration: Requests processed and enrollment confirmation sent to student’s UCD email
June 29 – Final Day to make course changes (Add/Drop)
Cross Registration Unit Maximum and GSM Policy
GSM Policies and Procedures, Section 2.6.5: All students can take up to a total of 15 units of cross registration courses during their matriculation at the GSM. Not all courses are taught in all locations and students are advised to make cross registration requests judiciously with this in mind.
Cross registration units requested prior to Winter 2011 do not count toward the 15 unit maximum.
Cross Registration Process
- Bay Area Courses - If you would like to take a course in the Bay Area (San Ramon), there is an additional fee of $100 per unit. This fee covers required textbooks, textpaks, meals, refreshments, parking, and other costs for each course in the Bay Area Program; optional textbooks are not included. Selecting Bay Area course for cross registration automatically calculates the additional funds required for payment. You can have your books sent directly to you using the online textbook form. All cross registration enrollment must be confirmed by the GSM Registrar prior to you ordering your textbooks. Allow 5 to 7 business days to receive your books from the time you submit the form. If you have questions or concerns please contact Caroll Sandifor, San Ramon Instructional & Operations Manager.
- Administrative processing:
- Cross Registration requests are processed through RaPS. Students do not need to email the GSM Registrar separately. In the Course Schedule application, select courses in Manage Schedule and proceed to Register.
- As with general registration, cross registration enrollments are prioritized based on the date/time stamp of a student’s payment. If you are enrolled in a Bay Area course, the Course Differential Fee will be applied directly to your student account.
- Beginning May 20 through May 22:
- Cross registration processing begins. Once it has been verified that space is available in the course requested, you will be enrolled and your registration status will be confirmed via e-mail.
After You Are Enrolled
Bay Area Course Information
Required textbooks, textpaks, meals, refreshments and parking are included with your course fee; optional textbooks are not included. DO NOT PURCHASE COURSE MATERIALS. The GSM will provide textbooks and textpaks as part of the Course Differential Fee. You should not purchase these separately and cannot be reimbursement by the GSM if you do so.
Information returned from the instructor will be available at the front desk at Bishop Ranch. Students only have a mailbox at their home campus.