The backbone of your intern or career search
It’s the backbone of your intern or career search and summarizes who you are and your strengths/benefits.
It consists of:
- Who you are
- Your educational background
- Your professional background
- Your job objective
- Relevant accomplishments/benefits
You will use it:
- Cover letters
- Informational Interviews
- Phone calls/Networking
- Hiring Interviews
Keep in Mind:
- Your audience & what they are interested in
- Who your likely competitors are
- What you offer that the competition does not
- Be relevant and at the proper level
- Be able to tailor it to fit the situation (i.e. phone v. face to face)
- Keep it conversational, not “laundry list”
- PRACTICE! Show ENTHUSIASM!
- Evaluate the problem areas or red flags in your record
- Review your values and how they relate to the company or job
- Know your strengths/weaknesses.