2017 sTUDENT vISA Information
Student Visa 2017
International students must submit an I-20/DS-2019 Request Form. SISS will begin processing I-20/DS-2019 Request Forms starting on April 11, 2017. Your offer of enrollment and proof of paid admission deposit is the same as a Statement of Intent to Register, or SIR (as referenced by the SISS website).
If you have questions concerning your student visa, contact Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) Office at (530) 752-0864 or email them.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Obtaining Student Visa:
International students must request an I-20 or DS-2019 form to apply for a student visa. Please follow the directions below to successfully submit your online request.
How to submit a request for your I-20 or DS-2019 form:
- Go to review the SISS checklist. You do not need to attend the SISS orientation. The GSM will cover all I-20 information during the Communication and Culture Boot Camp.
- Go to IGlobal.
- In the box “Full Client Services for Students & Scholars” click Login.
- Enter your UC Davis student ID number and birth date, then click Register. If you do not have a UC Davis student ID number, please contact your program manager.
- On the left hand navigation bar choose the item Document Request. From this dropdown menu, choose the General i-20 Document Request to obtain an F-1 Visa. (The DS 2019 form is for J-1 Visas.)
- You will be prompted to complete the form with all your biographical, funding and other applicable information.
If you are having problems using this form, please refresh the iGlobal page (the page before you encountered the error page) or try it in a new browser.
If problems persist, please email SISS Data Team at email@example.com.
Your program manager will check forms for completeness, then submit to SISS for processing. It will take SISS approximately four weeks to create your I-20/DS-2019 from the day that they receive your complete application and paperwork. It can take several weeks to obtain a visa after UC Davis issues your I-20/DS-2019.
If you have additional questions, please contact your program manager.
International Student Immigration Mandatory Check-in
You will receive a check-in email from SISS staff that will include the link you need to successfully complete online check-in. You will receive an email confirmation after completing the online check-in; this will arrive about one week before the first day of class. So, for example, if your classes begin on September 21, you will receive your email around September 15. Watch for an e-mail from SISSdata@ucdavis.edu.
Full-Time MBA and Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) INTERNATIONAL Boot Camp and 2017 Orientation
August 21, 2017
Orientation sessions will prepare you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MBA and MPAc programs and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive orientation that includes active learning sessions, critical thinking exercises and networking opportunities to set the stage for your future success at UC Davis.
For more information and insights regarding your move to Davis, please visit our FAQs page.