2017 sTUDENT vISA Information
Student Visa 2017
International students must submit an I-20/DS-2019 Request Form, which will be available to download as of April 1, 2017. SISS will begin processing I-20/DS-2019 Request Forms starting on April 11, 2017. Your offer of enrollment and proof of paid admission deposit is the same as a Statement of Intent to Register, or SIR (as referenced by the SISS website).
If you have any questions concerning your student visa, contact Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) Office at (530) 752-0864 or email them.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Obtaining Student Visa:
International students must request an I-20 or DS-2019 form in order to apply for a student visa. Please follow the directions below to successfully submit your online request:
How to submit a request for your I-20 or DS-2019 form:
- Go to review the SISS checklist. You do not need to attend the SISS Orientation. The GSM will cover all I-20 information during International Boot Camp.
- Go to IGlobal.
- In the box “Full Client Services for Students & Scholars” click Login
- Enter your UC Davis student i.d. number and birth date then click Register. If you do not have a UC Davis student i.d. number please contact your program manager.
- On the left hand navigation bar choose the item Document Request. From this drop down menu you may choose the General i-20 Document Request to obtain an F-1 Visa. (The DS 2019 form is for J-1 Visas).
- Then you are prompted to complete the form with all your biographical, Funding and other applicable information.
If you are having problems using this form, please refresh the iGlobal page (the page before you encountered the error page) or try it in a new browser.
If problems persist, please email SISS Data Team at email@example.com.
Your program manager will check forms for completeness, then submit to SISS for processing. It will take SISS approximately 4 weeks business days to create your I-20/DS-2019 from the day that they receive your complete application and paperwork. It can take several weeks to obtain a visa after UC Davis issues your I-20/DS-2019.
If you have additional questions, please contact your program manager.
International Student Immigration Mandatory Check-in
You will receive a check-in e-mail from SISS staff which will include the link you need to successfully complete online check-in. You will receive an email confirmation after completing online check-in. Please watch for your e-mail about one week in advance of the first day of class. So, for example, if your classes begin on September 21st, you will receive your e-mail around September 15th. Watch for your e-mail from SISSdata@ucdavis.edu.
Full-Time MBA and Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) INTERNATIONAL Boot Camp and 2017 Orientation
August 21, 2017
Orientation sessions will prepare you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MBA and MPAc programs and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive orientation that includes active learning sessions, critical thinking exercises and networking opportunities to set the stage for your future success at UC Davis.
For more information and insights regarding your move to Davis, please visit our FAQ’s page