TA, MGB 268, Fall 2014
The Graduate School of Management is accepting applications for a TA appointment during the Winter Quarter of 2014. This appointment is for Lecturer Brian Kennedy, Articulation and Critical Thinking (MGB 268)
Course Description (MGB 268):
Develop competency in business writing and oral presentations. Build critical thinking skills. Topics include behavioral economics, false claims, deductive and inductive reasoning, correlation/causality, business ethics. Formerly titled “Management Communications”. Course name/description change under review by Academic Senate.
TA duties and responsibilities include:
- Collect, grade, enter, and return student submitted deliverables in a timely manner.
- Respond to student questions relating to assignments and topics covered in the course.
- Review all class notes and syllabus and stay abreast of all class announcements and due dates.
- (Online) Office Hours are optional and flexible (at the discretion of the Professor and TA)
- Send reminders to students as needed for assignment due dates, absences, or late deliverables.
- Assist the Professor with grading of exams.
- Assist the Professor with establishing and managing group project teams.
- Assist the Professor with monitoring project progress throughout the Quarter.
- Ensure that students submit project deliverables by the assigned dates for each class section.
- Streamline, aggregate, and organize Professor’s feedback to students on project documents and other deliverables.
note: There will be two TAs for 268 in San Ramon. Julia Tanghetti is already signed on as the first TA. The second TA is due to an expansion in the enrollment.
This appointment is listed as 25% (i.e. 10 hours per week)
If interested, please complete the (Teaching Assistant Application) to email@example.com.