TA, MGP/T/B 268, Fall 2016
4 positions open
The Graduate School of Management is accepting applications for a TA appointment during the Fall Quarter of 2016. This appointment is for Lecturer Daniel Kennedy, Articulation and Critical Thinking (MGT/B/P 268)
1 position open in the full-time program
1 position open in the Sacramento program
2 positions open in the San Ramon program
Course Description (268):
Develop competency in business writing and oral presentations. Build critical thinking skills. Topics include behavioral economics, false claims, deductive and inductive reasoning, correlation/causality, business ethics. Formerly titled “Management Communications”. Course name/description change under review by Academic Senate.
TA duties and responsibilities include:
- Collect, grade, enter, and return student submitted deliverables in a timely manner.
- Respond to student questions relating to assignments and topics covered in the course.
- Review all class notes and syllabus and stay abreast of all class announcements and due dates.
- (Online) Office Hours are optional and flexible (at the discretion of the Professor and TA)
- Send reminders to students as needed for assignment due dates, absences, or late deliverables.
- Assist the Professor with grading of exams.
- Assist the Professor with establishing and managing group project teams.
- Assist the Professor with monitoring project progress throughout the Quarter.
- Ensure that students submit project deliverables by the assigned dates for each class section.
- Streamline, aggregate, and organize Professor’s feedback to students on project documents and other deliverables.
This appointment is listed as 25% (i.e. 10 hours per week)
If interested, please complete the (Teaching Assistant Application) to firstname.lastname@example.org.